Samsung One UI 6.0 Beta is expected to be released in mid-July, and the XR Experience will be unveiled during the Unpacked event.
Google has started beta testing Android 14 on Pixel smartphones. After a few months, Samsung is also expected to invite users to test Android 14-based One UI 6. However, the Partner device to be made device will be the first to get the One UI 6.0 update is unclear. Partner devices from iQOO, Lenovo, Nothing, OnePlus, Oppo, Realme, TECNO, Vivo, and Xiaomi can also be tested using an Android Emulator or GSI image.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra is getting major upgrades! 5x optical zoom and a performance boost. ARM’s Cortex X4 CPU cores will use 40% less power for heavy tasks. 😱— AndroidGreek (@AndroidGreek) June 4, 2023
https://t.co/0c6YGMghWr#Samsung #GalaxyS24Ultra #TechNews #S24 #GalaxyS24 #ARM #Qualcomm https://t.co/b2lAY228Fx
As a result, their apps will undergo some necessary changes, and new features will be added. One UI 6.0 will improve stability and app design for large-screen devices like foldable and tablets.
One UI 6.0 (Android 14)
Samsung will bring cool enhanced features with the release of its Android 14-based custom skin, One UI 6.0. It is expected to be released in August, and the stable public version should start rolling out within the next two months. Features like Photo Pickers and intuitive animation for gesture navigation, Material You+-designed Ultra HDR image format, predictive back gestures, improved drag-and-drop support for files and text between apps, as well as the physical keyboard shortcuts, improved detailed battery health statistics, and the multi-column UI
Battery Health Status: It will show the battery health percentage of your mobile device, which is already available on Apple with iOS 11.3, and until Android 13, we still need it, which Apple did five years ago. Some might argue we do, but you can only view the battery status in terms of Google Normal, which means it doesn’t provide the cycle count and exact percentage. This is finally coming with Android 14. It also shows things beyond what Apple does, like the precise charge cycle and manufacture date.
A few days back, I commented on some new BatteryManager APIs Google added in Android 14. Two of the APIs (cycle count & charging status) are public while the rest (manufacturing date, date of first use, charging policy, state of health) are system APIs. https://t.co/3ujezWsLg2— Mishaal Rahman (@MishaalRahman) June 1, 2023
Google added this updated battery management API to Android 14, which is also open to third-party developers. This means Samsung will implement these APIs in its own way within the battery section. They should have done this a long time ago—not just Samsung, but Google should have done this while developing Android in the first place.
Artificial Intelligence: As reported previously, Samsung may integrate AI into One UI. Samsung is developing the LLM system, which is expected to be released by July. Take it with a grain of salt because it is still in the early stages of development. However, it is severe because Samsung will use all its GPU resources on this project. We have seen how Google has integrated several AI features into Android, like Magic Compose into Google Message, generating wallpaper with a prompt, and such.
One UI 6 Beta-Eligible Device
The Beta Programme will be available in China, Germany, India, Poland, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Also, Samsung could release the One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 Series in mid-July. The One UI 6.0 rollout is expected to start in October 2023.
Galaxy Z Series
- Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5: yet to launch
- Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Z Flip 4
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3
Galaxy S Series
- Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S22, S22 Plus, and S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra
- Galaxy A54 and A53 (uncertain).
- Samsung Galaxy S24 will have a 5x optical zoom and a major performance upgrade. Check out the eligible OneUI 6 devices.
- Galaxy Watch 6 render has surfaced, and Samsung’s Unpacked event is rumored to be on July 26, with a global launch in August.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra render, features of One UI 6.0 which may be scheduled to launch on July 26 in South Korea.
- Samsung may release the Galaxy Watch 6 with atrial fibrillation, and the Galaxy S24 series. Rumors about the release date, features, models, and price are circulating.
- Samsung’s Galaxy S24 Series with new battery technology, Snapdragon 8 Gen3, and One UI 6 with Live Activity, as well as the Galaxy Z Flip5 Surfaced online
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Series rumors suggest better 16GB base RAM, 144Hz display, and triple rear camera.
- Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5 CAD renders have surfaced, and the S24 Series is reportedly bringing back the Exynos 2400.
Apart from this, several customizations and feature releases with Android 14 Beta 3 exist. Some features already exist, but some still need to come, like 3D cinematic wallpaper and Emoji wallpaper, which we can see with the update. Apart from this, live activities will be similar to those on iOS, which will appear on the Always-On Display.
Samsung may release mixed-reality glasses.
Apple has officially announced its Vision Pro, a mixed-reality headset. After WWDC, Samsung made an official announcement at the Unpacked event, where we can expect the future Samsung XR-Experience. However, Samsung has already hinted at the XR-Experience since the Galaxy S23 unpacked event. Major companies like Samsung, Google, and Qualcomm are working on the next XR-Platform, blurring the line between reality and virtual reality. Google has confirmed that they are working on an experience to deliver.
Find My Device network now supports headphones, tablets, and other Android apps, taking on Apple's AirTag.
**Google and Apple worked on unknown tracker alert.
Read More: https://t.co/1AF2k2Za8K#GoogleIO pic.twitter.com/3Ed5elZsMP— AndroidGreek (@AndroidGreek) May 10, 2023
Samsung XR may be announced at the upcoming event, Next-Gen Chip and Software, and after Apple’s announcement, innovation and competition are escalating. By the time the XR headset, which is said to be the Galaxy Glasses AR/VR headset, is released, Samsung will reveal the exact date. It is rumored that the release date will be July 26th.
- Windows 11 23H2 brings native RGB controls, AI Copilot, and more to the Release Preview Channel.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) Firmware Build S918BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) Firmware Build S916BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B) Firmware Build S911BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Be aware of iPhone market frauds and scams by authorized resellers in India, such as Croma and Unicorn Store.by Mehak