Download Windows 11 Build 26040 Release Preview AMD64 ISO: Complete Installation Guide, Windows 11 version 23H2 (26040.1000) ISO Download
Microsoft has started rolling out the Windows 11 Dev, Beta, and Canary updates to all Insider Preview users. The update is gradually being released to everyone. To ensure you receive the update as soon as it is available, enable the “Get the latest updates as soon as they are available” option in Windows Settings > Windows Update.
Apart from basic improvements and optimizations, a couple of new features have been added. In this article, we have shared ISOs you can download and install on your computer.
Now, you will get snap layout suggestions that instantly make it easy to snap multiple apps. For this, you can use the shortcut Win + Z, or you can use it by hovering over the Minimise or Maximise buttons in the app. This helps users by recommending the best layout option that works best.
Instant access to photos and screenshots from your mobile
If you have been using the Phone Link to connect to Android, then as you take a screenshot, you instantly get access to that screenshot on your Windows screen. It will open that screenshot in the Snipping Tool on your PC when you open it. However, ensure that you have enabled this experience.
- Open Device Settings, and then head over to Bluetooth & Devices.
- Next, go to Mobile Devices; from there, choose Manage Devices.
- After that, you need to allow your PC to ensure you have active access to your Android phone.
It’s expanding to enhance the audio experience, but it’s currently available on Surface devices to power the low-complexity AI models. Voice clarity cancels echo, suppresses background noise, and reduces reverberation in real-time. It will be enabled by default for apps like Phone Link and WhatsApp.
Therefore, it does not require specific hardware but is also supported on x64 and Arm64 CPUs. PC games that use the Communications Signal Processing mode for online communications can benefit from voice clarity. In addition, applications have a toggle for the Deep Noise Suppression stream to switch between AI models for voice-only communication (the default setting) and generic audio content.
Updated Windows Setup Experience
The Windows OS Media Setup, which is cleaner and modern, remains mostly the same but is now more consistent, matching the Windows design principle.
class="wp-block-heading">Support for USB 80Gbps
Support for the USB Standard, specifically USB 80Gbps, has been added but is only available to selected devices based on the Intel Core 14th Gen HX-Series mobile processor, like the Razer Blade 18.
Enhanced Image Consumption Experience in Narrator
The consumption experience has been improved. New keyboard commands for navigating between images or graphics on a screen or page have been introduced. The recognition of text in images, which includes handwriting, is also improved, along with overall image descriptions.
Improved Discoverability of Screen Casting
Windows 11 allows users to wirelessly extend the display to another nearby PC, TV, or external display. It focuses on educating users about the cast feature but also improves discoverability in Windows 11. In addition to this, multitasking activities on the PC, which often involve switching between windows to complete a task or using Snap Assist to organize screen space, can be cast via a notification toast. There is also an upgraded Cast Flyout in Quick Settings.
Apart from this, there are a lot of fixes, including the Start Menu, widgets, color font format for COLRv1, Copilot in Windows, search highlights not loading, and more. You can read the Windows Insider Blog for additional information.
Download Windows 11 Insider Preview 23620.1000 (ni_prerelease) amd64
If you prefer clean installation or manual upgrading, then you can download the ISO Package, and installation guide mentioned down below.
Windows 11 Build 26040.1000 (rs_prerelease)
— Canary Channel
This is an AMD64 based on the x64 architecture, which is the most-preferred architecture for Windows 11 PCs.
Download ISO from Microsoft Insider Preview Download Page
Here is the guide if you prefer to download the ISO file from the official Microsoft Site.
- Open the Microsoft Insider Preview page, and scroll down to Select Edition.
- Choose Build from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the language and then click on continue.
- After that, click on 64-bit; that’s it.
How to install Windows 11?
Here are some pre-requirements to check before installing Windows 11 on your PC.
- Registered for Windows 11 Dev.
- Download and install WinRAR.
- Please check Windows 11 requirements here; if this error cannot be fixed, please refer to the troubleshooting guide here.
- Keep a backup of all critical documents, data, and apps.
- One compact flash drive (USB).
How to Create a Bootable Windows Insider Preview-Windows 11 Drive
- After downloading the Windows 11 ISO, navigate to the download folder.
- Once connected to a PC, conduct a FAT32 format on your Pendrive (DOS 11 Bootable Pendrive)
- Pick Extract from the right-click menu on the Windows 11 ISO file, and then select the USB Flash Drive.
- Once the extraction process is complete, you may perform a Windows upgrade.
- It’s completed!
How to Install Windows 11 on your Computer
- After shutting down your computer, perform a boot-up.
- After turning on the computer, press the Boot key (HP laptop: Esc, Asus: F12; check the internet for the boot key as it appears at the beginning of the PC boot up) to start it (HP laptop: Esc, Asus: F12; check the internet for the boot key as it appears at the beginning of the PC boot up).
- After selecting your USB Flash Drive, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Please click Next if you do not have the product key.
- Select Custom, select Drive 0 (Or the C drive partition) as the partition type and then click Format/Next to install Windows 11 according to your choices.
- It eventually restarted. Now you can remove the USB drive.
- Following that, Windows 11 will begin to boot on your computer. Now all that remains is for you to create an account.
- That is all!
- Does we get Windows 11 23H2 over 22H2 and 21H2?by Akhil Sharma
- Galaxy AI will be integrated with Bixby and the Galaxy Watch for advanced assistants.by Love Adhikari
- Samsung rolls out AI features to older devices: List of Eligible Galaxy AI Devicesby Mehak
- How to Install Windows 11 24H2by Romeshwar Prasad
- Does Rice a potential solution for Wet iPhone?by Akhil Sharma