Windows 11 23H2 22631.2506 Release Preview | Windows 11 23H2 Insider Preview Build
Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 11 23H2, and with that update, there are some major releases to the Windows 11 Beta, Developers, and Canary channels for insider preview. With this build, users will have new features, improvements, and fixes. It includes the servicing update for the release version of Windows 11.
The company has started releasing updates gradually to everyone. In order to ensure you always receive the latest update, enable “Get the latest updates as soon as they are available.” You can check for the latest build by navigating to Windows Settings > Windows Update.
Windows 11 General
- When setting up the new Windows 11, the OOBE kicks off and asks you to connect to the network, but it fails to connect to the Wi-Fi driver. There, you can install the available drivers on the same page.
- Windows Maps and Movies & TV apps will no longer be available with this or a higher version of Windows 11, but they are available via the Microsoft Store.
Windows 11 Settings
- Delivery Optimisation: The updated settings have been updated. To access them, navigate to Windows Settings > Windows Update > Advanced Options > Delivery Optimisation, which now matches the Windows 11 design principles.
- They have fixed desktop tooltips in Task View to read in the contrast theme.
- We have fixed the issue where the taskbar icon would disappear after switching desktops.
- You can now edit metadata and view PNG files.
- I also fixed the issue where the mouse back and forward buttons did not appear when hovering over the recommended file section of the home.
- I fixed the issue where the gallery would stop displaying correctly if you applied the group to all folders.
- The update now improves the Nearby Share transfer speed, especially for users on the same network. Previously, users needed to be on the same network.
- To share files, navigate to File Explorer, right-click on the file you want to share, and then, from the dialogue box, click on Share and choose the device to proceed.
- It temporarily turned off the color font format for COLRv1, which used to show rich emoji in 3D. This will be updated in a future update.
CoPilot is expanding to more users.
Microsoft has started rolling out Windows CoPilot to everyone across the globe. Initially, they made it available in North America, the United Kingdom, and some parts of Asia and South America.
- The company will gradually expand to more regions and add more features over time.
- Users with a local account can access Windows for a limited number of queries before signing in.
Fix for everyone.
- Fixed Windows 11 issues causing settings to disable the drop-down shadow for icon labels on the desktop.
- Also, we fixed issues previously causing File Explorer to crash in Windows Sandbox when using a non-English display language.
Snipping Tool Crash
There are issues with the Snipping Tool. It often crashes when captured on arm devices.
- Fixed an issue causing the taskbar to be filled with icons and close immediately when using the search box.
- It fixed an issue where Windows Spotlight wallpapers were not showing correctly in the desktop thumbnail in Task View.
The latest update brings some upgrades to the platform’s store.
- Customize the installation location of your games: You can now choose the specific installation drive and change the default drive from the Store Settings page. These settings are synchronized with the Xbox app on PC to ensure a consistent gaming experience.
There are some significant issues, including some popular apps not working correctly, a blank option in Personalisation and Privacy & Security settings that crashes settings when clicked, and issues with rebooting into safe mode that hangs on the boot logo.
- Taskbar: The chat button reappears on the taskbar after updating.
- CoPilot: When using voice access, you must use the Show Grid command to click in the “Ask Me Anything” box for the first time.
Apart from this, Microsoft acknowledges some minor bugs and issues, which you can read about on the Windows Insider Blog. As always, Microsoft does not share its complete changelog for the Canary preview channel. Users can submit their feedback if they encounter any issues with the Windows Feedback Hub app (Win + F).
Download Windows 11 Insider Preview 22631.2506 23H2
If you prefer clean installation or manual upgrading, then you can download the ISO Package, and installation guide mentioned down below.
Windows 11 Build 22631.2506 (23H2)
— Release Preview Channel
This is an AMD64 based on the x64 architecture, which is the most-preferred architecture for Windows 11 PCs.
Download ISO from Microsoft Insider Preview Download Page
Here is the guide if you prefer to download the ISO file from the official Microsoft Site.
- Open the Microsoft Insider Preview page, and scroll down to Select Edition.
- Choose Build from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the language and then click on continue.
- After that, click on 64-bit; that’s it.
How to install Windows 11?
Here are some pre-requirements to check before installing Windows 11 on your PC.
- Registered for Windows 11 Dev.
- Download and install WinRAR.
- Please check Windows 11 requirements here; if this error cannot be fixed, please refer to the troubleshooting guide here.
- Keep a backup of all critical documents, data, and apps.
- One compact flash drive (USB).
How to Create a Bootable Windows Insider Preview-Windows 11 Drive
- After downloading the Windows 11 ISO, navigate to the download folder.
- Once connected to a PC, conduct a FAT32 format on your Pendrive (DOS 11 Bootable Pendrive)
- Pick Extract from the right-click menu on the Windows 11 ISO file, and then select the USB Flash Drive.
- Once the extraction process is complete, you may perform a Windows upgrade.
- It’s completed!
How to Install Windows 11 on your Computer
- After shutting down your computer, perform a boot-up.
- After turning on the computer, press the Boot key (HP laptop: Esc, Asus: F12; check the internet for the boot key as it appears at the beginning of the PC boot up) to start it (HP laptop: Esc, Asus: F12; check the internet for the boot key as it appears at the beginning of the PC boot up).
- After selecting your USB Flash Drive, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Please click Next if you do not have the product key.
- Select Custom, select Drive 0 (Or the C drive partition) as the partition type and then click Format/Next to install Windows 11 according to your choices.
- It eventually restarted. Now you can remove the USB drive.
- Following that, Windows 11 will begin to boot on your computer. Now all that remains is for you to create an account.
- That is all!
- What is the Google Pay Convenience Fee for Mobile Recharge Transactions?by Akhil Sharma
- What is Copilot? Microsoft Rebrands Bing to Compete Against ChatGPTby Akhil Sharma
- How to bypass the YouTube slowdown issue in Firefoxby Akhil Sharma
- What is the Lomdi AI App Store, and how do I use it?by Akhil Sharma
- How to Download and Use the Mozilla Firefox Extension on Mobileby Akhil Sharma