Apple has announced a lot of cool new features for iOS 17. The Developer Preview is already available, and many things are already available to try, such as AI voice cloning, standby mode, and more customization.
Did you know? You can shake your iPhone to undo mistakes.
Read Also: Download and install iOS 17 Developer Beta on your iPhone
Almost everyone knows how to cut objects from backgrounds by tapping on the subject to pull it out of the background. Now, with the same functionality, there is an option to use the subject as a sticker. You can use these stickers everywhere, including iMessage, and if you want to add stickers to your keyboard:
- Open iMessage, and then go to Stickers by tapping the + icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Tap on the plus icon, then select the GIF or any live image you have.
- Wait a moment, and then the iPhone will automatically remove the background.
- Tap “Add,” and it will be saved in your Sticker Library.
You can use these as reactions, and if you later want to make changes to your sticker, all you need to do is tap and hold any sticker. Then, you will find an option to add an effect. Choose the effect you want to apply. There are four different sticker options. These stickers can also be used on any supported third-party application, like WhatsApp.
Custom Call Profiles
This is one of the major changes. It is known as Contact Posters, where the custom profile you have made on your device will also appear on others’ devices. To use this feature, follow these instructions:
- Open the Contacts application.
- Tap on your name, and then tap on Edit.
- Next, tap on Edit, which appears below the preview of the contact poster.
- From there, you must customize the contact poster according to your preferences. You have different options, such as emojis, monograms, or photos.
- After choosing your option to customize, you have different options to further customize your contact poster.
- How to enable and Setup iOS 17 Contact Poster, Already available in Samsung’s One UI as Call Backgrounds
- How to create a Contact Poster on iOS 17
To ensure it appears on everyone else’s iPhone, you must enable Name and Photo Sharing in the same Contact Poster settings. This only works with iOS, but if you have Android friends, you can design a contact poster they will see on their phone every time they call you.
This is an extension to AirDrop functionality, where when you tap another iPhone on your iPhone, you can instantly swap contact details.
When someone calls you, and you have enabled this feature, you will see the live transcription of what the other person is saying in real time. This is useful to avoid scams, marketing calls, and so on. If you find it important, you can pick up the call.
You can enable this setting from device settings by navigating to Device Settings > Phone > Live voicemail.
This cool new feature turns your smartphone into a bedside clock. You can enable this by navigating to Device Settings > Standby and then enabling Standby Mode.
After enabling this, as long as your device is placed horizontally, it will work, or you can use a MagSafe charger. For this to work, your device should be charging. What makes it even cooler is that you can choose different clock styles and widgets or customize it by long-pressing Standby Mode when it’s active. After this, it will show customization options.
You can choose different widgets, like batteries, music, or other things. There is even a photo clock feature; you can choose a simple clock or many other options. Customization also includes color options, clocks, and other things. It also automatically switches to deep red in night mode.
Finally, Apple has made them interactive. Yes, you heard me right. Previously, you couldn’t interact with widgets. Now, you have the option to interact, which means you can check the checkbox on the to-do list, call directly, play music through widgets, and much more.
One of the best improvements comes to the Photos widgets, as you can now choose the picture you want to display in your Photo Widgets album. Pictures refresh every hour. Contact widgets now have a button that allows you to call directly, and there is also a customization option to set which app you want to use as a message and which contact us directly. Find My Widgets has also been improved and now shows the battery percentage of your paired device.
Lock screen customization
Epic customization is coming to the lock screen. Now, it allows you to customize the font, and there are new wallpapers. Also, you can now set any Live Photos to Dynamic Slow Motion. There are many different animation options, and they look cool.
Apart from this, there are nifty new features. Now, you can add multiple timers that run simultaneously. Another thing is that you can now simply say “Siri” to wake Siri up. For this, you need to enable “Listen for Siri” (navigate to Device Settings > Siri & Search > Listen for > Toggle Siri or Hey Siri).
- What’s New with iOS 17 and Bugs in the Developer Beta
- Here’s how to download and install iOS 17 Developer Beta on your iPhone right now: Check the compatible iPhones.
The LookUp feature has also received a major update, as now it can identify things and label them with icons. Within the messaging app, there is a new nifty feature: a security feature. By sharing “Check In” with your contacts, they will receive a notification when you return home. It works similarly to location but is more for safety. If you don’t arrive at your location, your contact will reach your current location for safety.
Voice notes will automatically get transcribed, and you can swipe to reply to any message. Additionally, you can now clone your voice. For this, open Device Settings > Accessibility > Personal Voice. From there, create your personal voice by following the instructions. It takes 20 minutes; after this, you can enable Live Speech. Now, you can select Voice Assistance Voice as your Personal Voice. To activate, tap the power button three times, and it will speak for you.
So, these are some of the amazing features that you can try. Hopefully, this guide remains helpful for you. Thanks for being with us. We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback. If you have any queries, share them with us in the comment section below.
- Download Infinix Note 12 Turbo X670 Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Note 11S X698 Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Note 12 X670 Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Hot 10S NFC Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Hot 12 X689D Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam