Microsoft pushed the Build 25982 update to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Canary channel. As always, the company did not share a complete changelog for the Canary update. However, there are a few essential changes that have a significant impact on the Windows 11 experience. Under the hood, the company has further optimized to improve performance.
After releasing Windows CoPilot to the 23H2 Preview channel and making it available to Dev and Beta for a while, Windows has finally received CoPilot in the Canary channel. Microsoft has started rolling out CoPilot to everyone gradually, and it may take some time to reach everyone.
You can launch Windows CoPilot either from the Taskbar or by pressing Win + C. CoPilot will use the same Microsoft account you use on Windows. In the Canary Channel, it is available in selected regions, including North America, the United Kingdom, and some Asian countries.
It offers various capabilities and functionality, including:
- Taking screenshots
- Composing emails
- Summarizing web pages
- Changing settings, like enabling or disabling Dark Mode
You can also use voice to write prompts in natural language. Additionally, CoPilot provides suggestions at the bottom, allowing users to discover and explore the features. The company will be rolling out more users over time. If users have feedback, they can send it by clicking on the “…” icon in the upper-right corner of Windows CoPilot to submit feedback accordingly.
SMB Client Encryption
This update also brings SMB encryption for all outbound SMB client connections. This option requires administrative permission. If the server uses SMB 3 and encryption, the client will not connect if it lacks the necessary capabilities. It also enforces the highest level of security by implementing SMB signing for clients and servers.
It’s an upcoming internet standard called Discovery of Network-Designated Resolvers (DNR). With this update, DNR is implemented to find out the IP address of the desired encrypted DNS server, but it can also be manually configured from the client side. DNR uses encrypted DNS protocols like DNS over HTTPS (DoH) and DNS over TLS (DoT) on the client side.
ReFS, which already supports block cloning, now has this filesystem block cloning available with the Windows Copy engine. This adds native support for copy actions and APIs, aiming to improve the performance of Dev Drive.
These were the latest updates that came with the latest Windows Insider. Some other updates include Remote Desktop with support up to 500% and appearance settings that show accent color on the start and taskbar toggle, which is greyed out by design. Apart from this, the Windows 11 Canary update has some issues you can read about on the Windows Insider Blog.
Download Windows 11 Insider Preview 25982.1000 RS_PRERELEASE
If you prefer clean installation or manual upgrading, then you can download the ISO Package, and installation guide mentioned down below.
9-year Windows Insider Program anniversary special desktop backgrounds
Windows 11 Build 25982.1000 (RS_PRERELEASE)
— Canary Channel
This is an AMD64 based on the x64 architecture, which is the most-preferred architecture for Windows 11 PCs.
Download ISO from Microsoft Insider Preview Download Page
Here is the guide if you prefer to download the ISO file from the official Microsoft Site.
- Open the Microsoft Insider Preview page, and scroll down to Select Edition.
- Choose Build from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the language and then click on continue.
- After that, click on 64-bit; that’s it.
How to install Windows 11?
Here are some pre-requirements to check before installing Windows 11 on your PC.
- Registered for Windows 11 Dev.
- Download and install WinRAR.
- Please check Windows 11 requirements here; if this error cannot be fixed, please refer to the troubleshooting guide here.
- Keep a backup of all critical documents, data, and apps.
- One compact flash drive (USB).
How to Create a Bootable Windows Insider Preview-Windows 11 Drive
- After downloading the Windows 11 ISO, navigate to the download folder.
- Once connected to a PC, conduct a FAT32 format on your Pendrive (DOS 11 Bootable Pendrive)
- Pick Extract from the right-click menu on the Windows 11 ISO file, and then select the USB Flash Drive.
- Once the extraction process is complete, you may perform a Windows upgrade.
- It’s completed!
How to Install Windows 11 on your Computer
- After shutting down your computer, perform a boot-up.
- After turning on the computer, press the Boot key (HP laptop: Esc, Asus: F12; check the internet for the boot key as it appears at the beginning of the PC boot up) to start it (HP laptop: Esc, Asus: F12; check the internet for the boot key as it appears at the beginning of the PC boot up).
- After selecting your USB Flash Drive, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Please click Next if you do not have the product key.
- Select Custom, select Drive 0 (Or the C drive partition) as the partition type and then click Format/Next to install Windows 11 according to your choices.
- It eventually restarted. Now you can remove the USB drive.
- Following that, Windows 11 will begin to boot on your computer. Now all that remains is for you to create an account.
- That is all!
- GTA 6 trailer reveals release date and first female character.by Mehak
- Download Magisk v26.3 Stable for Androidby Mehak
- What is Virtual RAM in Smartphoneby Romeshwar Prasad
- Weirdest Concepts Smartphone Design this year (2023).by Love Adhikari
- How to directly open the YouTube link in Brave instead of YouTubeby Akhil Sharma