How to Update Lineage OS ROM with GApps without Data Loss
If you are using LineagueOS on your device and want to update to the latest version. Today in this article, we will share an in-depth article to upgrade your encrypted Lineague OS without data loss. We also include the Gapps update because it’s also important for security purposes.
How to Update your Lineage OS
Your device will get an OTA update,
- Open Device Settings and scroll down to System.
- Under System, go to update, Click on it, and there you have your update.
- Download, and Once it downloads, Click on the three-dot menu on the top of the Install button.
- Click on Export Update, and then browse the location where you want to save the file.
- Alternative: You can download from LineagueOS Downloads to save on your external storage.
- Next, You need to download the latest version of Gapps based on your Android Version (Recommended: NikGApps) – Do save on External Storage.
Update LineagueOS ROM – Follow up
- Now, Boot your device into TWRP Recovery with your combination key.
- Next, Once your LineagueOS Recovery Option opens, tap on Factory Reset.
- And Then, Tap on Format Cache Partition; Tap on Apply Update.
- Choose “Choose From SdCard1” and browse your ROM first from your storage.
Update Gapps – Follow-up
- Click on it, and the update will take some time once it flashes successfully.
- Tap again “Choose from SdCard1” and browse the new Gapps File.
- If it asks for Signature Verification failed install, Tap on Yes to continue.
- That’s it!
Once everything finishes, you need to Clear the Cache,
If you are upgrading the Android Version of your device, then, in this case, Format data/factory reset. Here if we are only doing weekly updates, then you don’t require to Format data.
- Go Back to the main page, and Click on Factory reset.
- Next, Click on Format Cache Partition.
- Tap on yes, and then Tap on Reboot system.
- That’s it
By this method, your device will be upgraded to the latest device without any data loss. Hopefully, you have successfully upgraded your device. Thanks for being with us; we would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback. If there is any query, share it with us in the comment below.