Yahoo Mail is considered to be one of the top mailing services. However, it has been surpassed by Outlook and Gmail, which have gained more popularity. Despite this, many users still continue to use Yahoo Mail. Unfortunately, these users have been experiencing some errors and issues with the service. Specifically, when they updated their iOS devices to the latest version, they reported that the Yahoo Mail app crashed and malfunctioned.
Fortunately, Apple and Yahoo are currently investigating the root cause of these issues. Unfortunately, there is no official fix available at the moment. However, we have thoroughly evaluated the situation and have found some potential solutions that you can try in order to resolve the “Yahoo Mail not working on iOS” error. Please see below for more information.
How to Resolve Yahoo Mail Not Working on iOS
It is important to note that there is no guaranteed solution to fix the Yahoo Mail not working issue. Therefore, it is necessary to consider various factors. For instance, if the app crashes, it may be due to your iPhone being outdated. Similarly, the Yahoo Mail app may be experiencing crashes and malfunctions on your iOS device. Considering these factors, we have outlined some possible fixes you can attempt.
Update the Yahoo Mail app.
Your Yahoo Mail app may require an update that you may have missed. This could cause the app to crash and malfunction on your device. In such a case, you must update the Yahoo Mail app from the App Store. If you are unsure how to update the app, please follow the steps below:
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Search for Yahoo Mail and tap on the first result.
- You will find an “Update” option on the Yahoo Mail page.
- Tap on the update button.
- The Yahoo Mail app will begin updating and soon be installed on your device.
Enable Allow Apps to Use Less Secure Sign-In Option
IOS Devices and Yahoo Mail App Issues
When it comes to iOS devices, privacy is a top priority. Apple believes in offering complete privacy to its users, which is why certain permissions are required to be enabled for specific apps. Otherwise, the Yahoo Mail app may crash and fail to open. IPhone users mutually agree upon this security measure. To ensure that the Yahoo Mail app functions smoothly, please follow the instructions below:
- Open the Yahoo Mail app and sign in.
- Tap on your name and account information.
- Select “Account Security.”
- Look for the option “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in.”
- Enable this security option.
- That is it! The Yahoo Mail app is now fully allowed to operate on your device.
Waiting for an Official Fix
We understand that the Yahoo Mail app crashing issue is caused by Apple and Yahoo developers. Unfortunately, there has not been an official update regarding this concern. We recommend waiting for an official fix and staying connected through their social media channels for updates.
In the meantime, we have provided some possible fixes as temporary solutions. Please remember that these are just suggestions and may or may not resolve your issue. Rest assured, we will update you as soon as an official announcement is made.
- Does we get Windows 11 23H2 over 22H2 and 21H2?by Akhil Sharma
- Galaxy AI will be integrated with Bixby and the Galaxy Watch for advanced assistants.by Love Adhikari
- Samsung rolls out AI features to older devices: List of Eligible Galaxy AI Devicesby Mehak
- How to Install Windows 11 24H2by Romeshwar Prasad
- Does Rice a potential solution for Wet iPhone?by Akhil Sharma