How to Permanently delete TikTok Account using web or app: Everything you need to know
The Chinese video-sharing app TikTok, also known as Musical, It is one of the most popular social media platforms, despite Meta’s popular social media Facebook, Instagram, and Google’s YouTube have adopted the TikTok-like short-video into their platforms. They have over 800 million users worldwide, and it is one of the most addictive. We have seen various trending content and popular personalities on the platform.
TikTok is a feature-rich app that allows users to record short video clips, edit them, and upload them to their platform. Still, there are a lot of people who are wondering how they can delete your TikTok account. Today, in this article, we will be sharing how you can delete your TikTok account on the Web and app. Check out the step-by-step guide after reading this article.
Note: This action can’t be reversed or undone once. All your data, including uploads, watch history, followers, and likes, will be restored permanently. On the other hand, the recipient will be able to view DMs, and it takes 30 days to deactivate your account. If you log into your account within a month, you can recover the account. After 30 days, it is not possible.
How to delete your TikTok account.
It is quite straightforward to delete a TikTok account. Check out the entire guide, and here are a few things you should know before proceeding.
TikTok has recently been in the news because of controversy and India’s banning the app from accessing it due to “prejudical to the sovereignty and integrity of India” concerns. According to some research, Bytedance (parent company of TikTok) reportedly uses the device fingerprint to track user behaviour, whereas Bytedance states it is used to identify malicious browser behaviour.
How to Delete a TikTok Account from the App
- Open TikTok and tap on the Profile icon (the horizontal three-line icon) in the upper-right corner. It displays the Settings and Privacy menus.
- Go to Manage Account.
- Then, in the middle-bottom of the screen, tap on Delete account.
- TikTok will ask you a reason for leaving TikTok with a quick-forum; simply choose any reason that suits you, or tap “skip” in the upper-right corner of the screen to skip the forum.
- TikTok will then ask you whether you want to download your data before deleting your TikTok Account data.(Check the guide for downloading TikTok data below.)
- Press the Continue button, then enter the verification code to confirm your action. If you have an account with an Apple ID, Google ID, or Etc, it will ask you to sign-in.
- After that, tap “Delete account” to permanently delete the account.
- Your TikTok account will be returned to the login screen.
How to Delete a TikTok Account from a Browser
- Go to TikTok.com and sign in with your account.
- Navigate to your profile by clicking on the profile image in the upper-right corner.
- Go to Settings, and then to Manage Account in the left-sidebar.
- Next, click the “Delete Button” that appears under Control and complete the verification by following the on-screen wizard.
- That’s all!
Download TikTok account backup.
Your data has not been on standby to download. For this, you need to submit a backup request. You will get profile information, comment and video history, and setting data, but not your TikTok Video data. Here is the guide for this.
- Open TikTok, then tap on the Profile Picture in the upper-right corner of the screen to access settings and privacy.
- Then, under Privacy, select Download your data.
- Look for the word “TXT” there. Choose it and then, once your file is available to download, tap on “Download your data.” Sometimes, data might take more than a day to compile.
Note: If you want to take a backup of your TIkTok videos, simply download those videos manually.
- Open your profile on TikTok.
- Select the video you want to save and then press the “Download” button.
- Tap on “Save Video” to download.
If you re-login to your TikTok account, it first warns you about reactivating. If you click on “Reactive“, you will recover your deleted account. Logging back into your TikTok account will take 30 days to completely delete your account. Logging back within 30 days will cancel the deletion process. If you don’t want to react to your TikTok account, click on Logout.
While I Was Deleting My TikTok Account
There is no common issue with deleting the TikTok account, but if you encounter it, there might be the following problem mentioned down below.
- Contact Details: To verify your account, you either need an OTP or need to sign in with the login your account is associated with. With wrong or mismatched contact info, you won’t be able to finish deleting your TikTok account.
- Due to Glitch: It is possible that you are unable to process due to a bug or glitch; try updating or force quitting the app, and then try again.
An Alternative to TikTok
Despite TikTok having the biggest marketshare in terms of short-video platforms, You can check out these TikTok alternatives.
- Dubmash: It is available in over 192 countries and has received over 100 million downloads.
- Likee: It is widely used, has a plethora of features such as effects and filters, and has over 300 million downloads.
- Funimate: another lip-sync app with additional features such as slow-motion, a short-video sharing platform, and more to discover.
In the future, if you want to rejoin the TikTok community, you can create a new account and start enjoying Tiktok again. Hopefully, this article remains helpful for you and you have successfully deleted your TikTok account. Thanks for being with us. We would like to know your thoughts. Feel free to share feedback or opinions in the comment section down below.
- Download One UI 6.0 beta 3 for the Galaxy S23 series | Firmwareby Romeshwar Prasad
- Samsung release OneUI 6 Beta 4 to Galaxy S23 | Download Firmwareby Romeshwar Prasad
- Genshin Impact 4.1 Application Date & How to Apply, Livestream Date, New Events and Weapons, Release Date & Time, Banners, Characters & Moreby Mehak
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic Review: Features, Health, and Double-Tapby Love Adhikari
- PAYDAY 3 crashes or lags to improve performance.by Mehak