A few days ago, Microsoft released the latest insider update to the Developer channel, where the first third-party widgets were launched. If you haven’t checked yet, please visit here and download the latest build of Microsoft Windows 11 Dev. This update will make the existing Messenger more powerful, as it will allow users to send messages directly from the widget itself. In this article, we will be sharing an in-depth guide on how to set up the new Facebook Messenger widget on Windows 11.
To download and install Facebook Messenger, it is quite straightforward. Simply head over to the Microsoft Store and search for the Messenger, then download the latest package. If you already have the Messenger, you can head to the Microsoft Store Library and click on “Get Updates” to check for patch updates.
To add the Messenger widget on Microsoft Windows, after updating your Messenger, you can now use the widget on your Windows Widget. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Widget panel by using the Windows + W shortcut.
- Click on the “+” that appears in the upper-right corner and choose the Messenger widget to add it to your Widget panel.
- You can then choose to resize the widget by clicking on the triple-dot menu, and choosing a small, medium, or large size.
- Click on any conversation, which will open the chat in the Messenger app.
- That’s it!
Recently, Microsoft also updated its Microsoft Phone Link app and added the widget to the Widget panel for the phone link. The company also updated its SDK for developers to start developing more widgets like this. It is possible to see more capabilities added in the future.
Thank you for reading. We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback. If there are any queries, please share them with us in the comment section below. Stay tuned for more updates in the future on this top
- Windows 11 23H2 brings native RGB controls, AI Copilot, and more to the Release Preview Channel.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) Firmware Build S918BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) Firmware Build S916BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B) Firmware Build S911BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Be aware of iPhone market frauds and scams by authorized resellers in India, such as Croma and Unicorn Store.by Mehak