Airdrop is an Apple program that allows you to transfer photos and files between Apple devices using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections. However, some Apple users have reported that airdrop is not working on their devices. There can be various factors contributing to this issue.
In order to address this problem, we have identified common reasons and factors that may be causing airdrops not to work. We understand that users are actively looking for an easy and reliable solution to fix this issue. This article will discuss the best fixes to resolve the problem of airdrop not working on Apple devices.
How to Fix the Airdrop Not Working Issue on Apple Devices: Know the Best Fixes Here
Since airdrop is not functioning on various Apple devices, such as the iPhone, iPad, and Mac, it indicates that there might be a standard error affecting these devices. Airdrop primarily relies on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for its operation. Bluetooth helps discover nearby devices, while Wi-Fi facilitates the transfer of files to another Apple device. Below, we will outline key factors to help you resolve the issue.
Make sure Bluetooth is enabled.
First, ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your device, as airdrop relies on Bluetooth for its functionality. To check Bluetooth status, follow the steps below:
- Go to your device settings.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Toggle the Bluetooth switch to enable it.
Note: If you see a prompt at the bottom of the Bluetooth toggle, click “Allow New Connections” to connect to a new device.
Once Bluetooth is enabled, you can use airdrop on your device.
Make sure the airdrop is turned on.
If your Bluetooth is enabled and you are still experiencing the issue of the airdrop not working on your Apple device, it is possible that the airdrop is not enabled on your device. To enable airdrop, follow these steps:
- Open your device’s settings.
- Tap on the General tab.
- Select the airdrop option.
- Choose the “Everyone” option.
After following these steps, you can send and receive files using airdrop.
Check the firewall settings.
The above solutions are some common factors that can cause issues with Airdrop functionality. However, the following method can help you resolve the problem of airdrop not working on your Mac: In some cases, the firewall settings may block all incoming files, preventing you from receiving files through an airdrop. To disable this setting, follow the steps below:
- Open the System Preferences app on your Mac.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- Click on the lock icon at the bottom to make changes.
- Enter your password to authenticate.
- Go to the Firewall tab and click on the Firewall option.
- Uncheck the “Block all incoming files” option.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- After applying these settings, your Mac should be able to receive files through Airdrop again.
These steps help resolve the issue in most cases. However, if you are still experiencing problems, restart your Apple device as a last resort to give Airdrop a fresh start.
We hope this guide has provided accurate information on fixing the airdrop not working issue on Apple devices. If you have further questions, please feel free to comment below.
- How to Install Windows 11 24H2by Romeshwar Prasad
- Does Rice a potential solution for Wet iPhone?by Akhil Sharma
- One UI 7-based Android 15 Tracker: Eligible Deviceby Mehak
- Galaxy S24 Series starts receiving its first update.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Android 15 OTA for Pixel Devices | Developer Previewby Romeshwar Prasad