How to Fix Apple’s AirDrop Not Responding to Connection Issues on iPhone, iPad, or Mac
AirDrop is an authentic service rendered by Apple Inc. on their iPhones and Macs. As they initially launched on Mac OS X Lion and iOS 7, It mainly helps to transfer files between Apple-produced devices. Although the whole transfer process is done via Bluetooth and Wifi enabled on the respective iOS devices,
Moreover, this transfer service has a unique speciality in privacy and security. It is observed that AirDrop is the most trusted and secured platform to transfer data between Apple devices. But recently, numerous iOS users have been facing issues with their AirDrop service. Meanwhile, in this article, we will discuss more about Apple’s AirDrop not responding: Here’s the complete solution for it.
How to fix Apple’s AirDrop not responding to connection issues on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
As we have already discussed AirDrop in our introductory paragraph, And also, we think that you now know about Apple’s AirDrop Service. However, some iOS users are facing issues with it. More specifically, there are some specific statements that AirDrop is showing and not responding to. For more clarity, please check out the below given list.
- Observed slow rate of file transfer
- I was not able to find any other AirDrop device.
- The error fails to save an item.
- An Error Occured Please Wait
- Error discovered: declined transfer
Meanwhile, it shows a lot of issues and is not functioning properly. To accomplish this, we discovered a slew of problems with AirDrop.So, the users who are having that particular issue must review the below-given factors.
Make sure your WiFi and Bluetooth are enabled.
As the AirDrop transfer service operates on Bluetooth and Wifi, Interestingly, whenever you enable Airdrop, it will automatically enable your device’s wifi and Bluetooth. But, most of the time, it is seen that
Devices used for file transfer should have a maximum range of 9 meters.
It is recommended to use AirDrop within 9 meters. More specifically, the distance between the transferor device and the transferee device should be 9 meters. Unless it disconnects and does not perform its function.
Both devices must be i-cloud-enabled.
If any of the devices is not signed into i-cloud, AirDrop will stop working and may cause errors.So, make sure to log into i-cloud on both the sender and receiver devices.
Ensure that AirDrop is enabled on both sides.
It is also seen that if the sender device has enabled AirDrop but the receiver device has not yet, Then, obviously, AirDrop stops working. So, ensure that AirDrop is enabled on both the sender and receiver’s devices.
Turn off your personal hotspot
If you have turned on your personal hotspot and, along with that, you are using AirDrop, then it will not work properly. For this, you have to turn it off while transferring files over AirDrop.
Reset network settings
I have observed that if you reset the network settings on your device, then it will fix the issue. Moreover, you can perform the below steps to reset network settings.
- First, head to your device settings.
- Next, navigate to General Settings.
- Now, you will find a Reset option. Tap on it.
- Under Reset, tap on the Reset Network Settings option.
- Hence, your network settings will be reset shortly.
- It is always required to display it on the receiver device.
If the receiver device display is off, the AirDrop will stop doing work. It means you will not be able to transfer files. So, it is required to always display on the receiver device while using AirDrop.
Note: After keeping in mind the above factors and their solutions, If you are still facing any issues, then check out some more tips to make the AirDrop Connection better. So, these tips and tricks are given below as well.
Try to restart your device.
- Restart your WiFi network.
- Turn on Airplane mode for a half minute and then turn it off.
- Disable and re-enable iCloud Drive.
- Try to sign out and sign in again to your iCloud account.
- Make sure to use only lowercase letters while logging into your Apple ID.
- Restart your Bluetooth device.
After analysing the above given reasons for AirDrop not working properly, If any user is still facing an issue, Then, there are the various tips and tricks through which you can easily fix the issues occurring on AirDrop.
Hopefully, we can now expect that you all have accurate content about Apple’s AirDrop not responding: Here’s the complete solution for it. And, they are also well-known for the various tips and tricks to properly operating AirDrop. With this in mind, if any user has any queries, they can share them with us in the comment section down below.
- Reliance Jio Stepped-In Gaming Industry launched JioGamesWatch.
- WhatsApp will start blocking “View Once” photos, finally restricting users from taking screenshots.
- Reddit Search comments section is now available on iOS and Android, with a more refined search experience.
- Whatsapp rolling out My Contacts Except… last seen Status – How to hide Last Seen Status from specific contacts (particular contact)
- Snapchat’s officially introduced new safety tool, parental controls, “Family Center,” lets parents see whom their kids are talking to.