How to download and install the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) on Windows 11?
You can run Amazon App Store applications on Windows 11 using the Windows Subsystem. This acts as an intermediary between you and the Amazon App Store, allowing you to use your favorite apps. However, please note that the Windows Subsystem is currently only available in the US, Japan, and 31 other countries.
Additionally, the platform is still in the preview phase, meaning it is still being developed and may take some time to become stable. Nonetheless, you can download the Windows Subsystem by changing your region settings to one of the supported countries. Now that we have covered the current situation, let’s move on to the steps for installation.
How do I install the Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11?
Before we begin, it’s important to note that the Windows Subsystem is not an external program. It can be installed directly from the Microsoft Store or through other means. Additionally, your Windows PC should have 8GB of RAM, a Core i3 Intel processor, or equivalent.
You will also need a Windows PC with the Virtual Machine program, as this is necessary for installing the Windows Subsystem. Fortunately, Windows 11 includes this feature and you can easily install the Windows Subsystem with it. To enable the virtual machine, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu on Windows 11.
- Search for ‘Turn on Windows features’ in the Search bar and open the first result.
- Check the ‘Virtual Machine Platform‘ option and click ‘OK’.
- Restart your computer.
Once you have completed these steps, you should have all the necessary requirements to install the Windows Subsystem. There are several ways to install the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA), such as installing the Amazon Appstore, which will automatically install the WSA. Alternatively, you can get the WSA app from Amazon directly. Now, let’s move on to the easiest method for installation.
One way to install the Windows Subsystem for Android is through the Amazon App Store. As previously mentioned, the main purpose of the Amazon App Store is to allow users to run Android apps on Windows. To install it, follow these steps:
- Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows computer.
- Search for ‘Amazon App Store’ and select the top result.
- On the Amazon App Store page, click the ‘Install’ button.
After completing these steps, the Windows Subsystem for Android will be automatically installed and you will be able to run Android apps. Another way to install the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) is through the Amazon App Store. If you have already installed the Amazon App Store on your PC but it is not running any apps and did not automatically install WSA, you can manually install it by following these steps:
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Search for ‘Windows Subsystem for Android in the Amazon App Store’.
- Click the ‘Install’ button.
After installing WSA, Android apps will be able to run on your device.
To conclude, this guide provides a simple and straightforward way to install the Windows Subsystem for Android on your computer. While it is possible to manually force WSA to be enabled, it is not currently necessary. Microsoft has designed their products in a way that minimizes the need for speculation. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
- WhatsApp will have a 2GB file sharing document banner, a calling shortcut, and make pinned messages more accessible.
- How to enable Split-screen in Microsoft Edge
- Download Android 13 for Google Pixel LineageOS 20 | LineageOS 20
- How to Go Live on YouTube with a Co-host on Android/iOS
- Update your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro to avoid bricking your device in restarting mode.