How to enable the hidden screenshot sound alert option in Windows 11, 10, and 8.
Microsoft has pushed a major update to Windows Screenshot, making it more convenient and feature-rich. However, have you ever noticed no sound when you take a screenshot? We do have sound for taking screenshots on mobile devices, which gives a sense of an action being performed. If you wonder how to enable sound for screenshots on Windows 10 and 11, follow the instructions below.
Enable sounds for Screenshots on Windows 10 and Windows 11:
This feature is not baked into Windows Settings but does exist in Windows. Users who want to enable sounds for screenshots on Windows 10 or Windows 11 need to enable a hidden flag to use this feature. Follow the instructions below.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Open the Windows Run Dialogue box using the Hotkey Windows + R.
- Type “regedit” and hit enter to launch the Windows Registry Editor.
- After this, head over to this address: “ComputerHKEY_CURRENT_USERAppEventsSchemesApps.Default.”
- Now, right-click on the .default key and select New > Key.
- After this, rename the new Key as SnapShot.
- Close the Registry editor, and now open Windows Settings.
- From there, go to Personalization, and then go to Theme. From there, open Sounds.
- Now, press Windows + R and execute “rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,2.”
- This will open a list of Programme events. Look for Snapshot and select it from the list of drop-down options.
- Browse and pick the sound you want to use as a sound effect in Wav format, or you can use the sounds that come by default.
- Click on OK to save these changes.
So, this is how you can enable sounds for screenshots on Windows 10 and Windows 11. We also want to share with users who are unaware that now you can use the PrintScreen key to invoke the Snipping tool and then take a screenshot.
Hopefully, this guide remains helpful for you, and you have successfully enabled sounds for screenshots on Windows 10 and Windows 11. If you have any queries, share them with us in the comment section below. Stay tuned for more updates on the same in the future.
- Download Infinix Note 12 Turbo X670 Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Note 11S X698 Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Note 12 X670 Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Hot 10S NFC Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Hot 12 X689D Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam