The Delhi Mass Rapid Transit System, commonly known as Delhi Metro, was introduced in 1998 and is governed by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, a state-owned company. Delhi Metro is India’s most extensive metro line and the sixth-largest rail route in the world. It serves people across all 12 lines and 288 stations in Delhi NCR, including the Gurgaon Rapid Metro. As a result, around 6 million people use it daily.
Buying tickets has always been a hassle, but it was manageable through ticket windows in the initial days. However, as demand increased, new ways of booking tickets emerged, such as ticket vending machines, customer care centers, Paytm QR codes, UPIs, etc. Additionally, there is an exciting option available through the WhatsApp chatbot service. However, many people need to learn how to buy tickets using this method. So, let us understand how to do so.
Unlocking Convenience: A Guide to Booking Delhi Metro Tickets on WhatsApp
Since the Delhi Metro is used by millions of people daily, and in a city like Delhi, we often see a massive rush at ticket windows and other booking options. While other channels like UPI and the DMRC Travel app provide accessibility to book tickets, sometimes these channels also slow down and create issues during the ticket purchase process. Ultimately, these ticket booking channels need to meet users’ needs for a seamless Metro ticket booking experience.
In between, they thought of WhatsApp-based ticket booking and started serving through it from June 2023 onwards. This way, the 400 million active users of WhatsApp can easily book Delhi metro tickets. It also helps them understand the commuting pattern based on data collected through WhatsApp ticket booking. People need to talk to the chatbot, and their tickets will be booked accordingly.
🚨Yesterday, we launched the E2E ticket booking experience on WhatsApp for Delhi Metro – India’s largest metro & 6th in the world, with 6M passengers per day.— Rutuja (@rutujax) October 6, 2023
Commuters can simply say ‘Hi’ to +91 9650855800 or scan the QR code to book tickets across 12 lines and 288 stations! pic.twitter.com/euw3vflkb3
Before mentioning the Delhi Metro WhatsApp ticket booking steps, you should know a few things. This service is available between 6 AM to 9 PM (for all lines) and 4 AM to 11 PM (for the Airport line). This chatbot is available in Hindi and English. Also, ticket cancellation is not allowed from here. You can use this ticket to scan at the station for entry. Furthermore, most importantly, you can generate up to six QR tickets in a single transaction. Taking note of these things, let us move on to the steps to buy such tickets.
- Save your smartphone’s official Delhi Metro WhatsApp number, +91 9650855800.
- Then, open WhatsApp and start a chat with the saved number.
- Just type “Hi” and send a message.
- Following this, you will receive a reply with two options: Hindi and English.
- Now select your preferred language option.
- After that, you will see a menu with three options: buy tickets, last journey tickets, and retrieve tickets.
- Select the “Buy a Ticket” option.
- Now, enter your source and destination stations.
- Then, select the number of tickets to receive the payment link.
- Next, pay the ticket amount using any of the preferred methods (note: a payment convenience fee will be charged here).
- That is it! You will get the QR code-based ticket shortly.
After noting these instructions to buy a Delhi Metro ticket via WhatsApp, some of you might think about privacy and security levels. For them, the simple answer is that this way of ticket booking is end-to-end encrypted, and all your data is stored with DMRC in a regulated manner, so do not panic about this. You can also contact customer support for any grievances along with a ticket booking WhatsApp number. I hope you learned about the Delhi Metro WhatsApp Ticket this way. Even if any user has a query, then ask them below.
Frequently asked questions
Q1. What is the WhatsApp QR code for DMRC?
Ans. This facility is given to people through which they can buy QR-based tickets from WhatsApp and scan them at the station to enter the Metro.
Q2. Is there a Delhi Metro app?
Ans. The DMRC Mobile app facilitates metro services via smartphones and is available for Android and iOS.
Q3. Is the DMRC Travel app safe?
Ans. It is confirmed that DMRC Travel app data is stored under the custody of DMRC, and they do not share data with any company.
Q4. Is the Delhi Metro cheaper?
Ans. You will be surprised to know that Delhi Metro rides are the world’s second-cheapest rides.
- What is Google Gemini? How to access Gemini AI: Login and Sign Upby Romeshwar Prasad
- GTA 6 trailer reveals release date and first female character.by Mehak
- Download Magisk v26.3 Stable for Androidby Mehak
- What is Virtual RAM in Smartphoneby Romeshwar Prasad
- Weirdest Concepts Smartphone Design this year (2023).by Love Adhikari