Apple has released the iOS 16.6 beta 4 update to developers. What’s new? [Download]
Apple has released iOS 16.6 Beta 4 to all developers for all iOS 16-supported devices, and the company will soon release the update to public beta testers. This update doesn’t require a lot of data, as it comes in at a small 430.9 MB. The company has also released iPadOS 16.6 Beta 4, watchOS 9.6 Beta 4, HomePod OS 16.6 Beta 4, macOS 13.5 Beta 4, macOS 12.6.8 RC 2, and macOS 11.7.9 RC 2.
iOS 16.6 Beta 4
This version of iOS has a build number of iOS 16.6 (20G5058d), which indicates that iOS 16.6 is quite close to the final build.
Changelog for iOS 16.6 Beta 4
- This beta version of iOS 16.6 contains bug fixes and improvements.
- For more information, visit https://developer.apple.com/go/?id=ios-16.6-rn.
This beta version of iOS should only be deployed on devices dedicated to iOS 16.6 beta software.
iOS 16.6 Beta 4 Supported devices
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
What’s New in iOS 16.6 Beta 4?
There is no new modem update. It remains the same as the last Beta Update, which was 1.80.01 (This can vary depending on your device). This update has no major changes, but these features will be pushed to iOS 17.
- No Contact Key Verification: This was initially available on Beta 1 but was removed with Beta 2, and after that, there has yet to be contact verification. However, it does appear in settings, but the functionality still needs to be there.
- If you need to learn about Contact Key Verifications, this feature allows you to verify that you are talking to the actual person you have contact with. This is a significant improvement when it comes to Contact Key verification.
- New Wording: There is new wording added with this update. This is specific to Siri and education, or it could be possible that there are savings accounts for more countries or different banks. You can find this in the Apple Wallet, where you can see the savings and more information about them.
- Reportedly, Apple is in talks with Indian authorities to launch the Apple Card. It may be possible that Apple is doing this around the world.
- They may be tweaking the wording changes for account recovery keys, health, medication, and the Home app and Matter accessories.
Apple is reportedly in talks with local regulatory bodies in India to launch a localized version of Apple Pay. The company aims to enable customers to scan QR codes and initiate UPI transactions without using third-party apps. #Apple #ApplePay #India pic.twitter.com/ytQ28E5up1— AndroidGreek (@AndroidGreek) June 27, 2023
- Notification Bug: This is still there, where notifications stack up and cause a laggy experience. It’s not smooth and is not working as expected.
- Performance has no impact, and there are no heating issues with iOS 16.6. As we move towards iOS 17, we don’t expect any major new updates throughout this update.
Apart from this, Apple also addressed the Windows app and updated the Apple Devices Preview, Apple Music Preview, and Apple TV Preview. Known issues have not yet been fixed, including Matter pairing and Xcode issues. However, there are no security updates, but we can expect them when the public update is released.
- Windows 11 23H2 brings native RGB controls, AI Copilot, and more to the Release Preview Channel.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) Firmware Build S918BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) Firmware Build S916BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B) Firmware Build S911BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Be aware of iPhone market frauds and scams by authorized resellers in India, such as Croma and Unicorn Store.by Mehak