We all know that Meta has finally released their Twitter rival, “Threads.” However, some people have concerns about Threads’ Instagram tweaks. In particular, they worry that these platforms are accessible globally and that someone could misuse their identity. To address this, Meta added a feature on Instagram to request verification, which gives users blue ticks and unique profiles.
The same scenario applies to people who worry about getting a blue tick on Threads, a sister app. It is possible to get that blue tick if you are notable and famous in the public interest. However, as Threads is an emerging social media platform, many users need help to verify. After noting this, we looked at what could be done in this case. Let us talk about what we have.
How to Get a Verified Blue Tick on Threads by Instagram
Instagram’s Threads app got 70 million sign-ups in two days. Therefore, almost all Twitter users must have their accounts on Threads. However, there is a greater chance that someone could misuse your profile to commit fraud. In such cases, blue-tick verification matters a lot. After all, if such a tick appears beside your username, all privacy concerns are solved.
You might wonder how to get a blue tick. If you already have blue-tick verification on Instagram, it will automatically apply to all Meta Platforms, including Threads. For users who have not verified their Instagram accounts, Instagram has a “Request Verification” option that you can use to request Instagram to validate your profile. This way, it will only be verified when it is notable and public. Follow the steps below to get blue-tick verification using Instagram’s Legacy option.
Note: Doing blue tick verification using Instagram’s Legacy option seems like a straightforward way to do it, but it does not guarantee a blue tick.
- Open the Instagram App.
- Tap on your profile icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on the Hamburger Menu and select Settings and Privacy.
- Search for Request Verification and tap on the result.
- Please fill out the form that comes on your screen and submit it.
- If you deserve it, Instagram will look at your profile and give you a blue tick.
The above steps may or may not grant you a blue tick over Threads. However, recently, Meta (the parent company) introduced meta Verification. From there, you must pay a monthly subscription and get the blue tick verified profile on Threads. The behaviour seems like what you would expect from Twitter, but there is a particular benefit for you here. With this single subscription, you will get a blue-tick verified profile on all Meta Platforms. So, if you still need to get confirmed through Instagram’s request verification, follow these steps to ensure guaranteed blue-tick verification on Threads.
Note: Meta Verified is currently limited to certain countries, such as India, the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon, then the hamburger menu.
- Scroll down and tap on Meta Verified, then Subscribe.
- Choose the Instagram account connected with Threads and tap on Sign Up.
- The next screen will show the subscription price (₹699/month). Tap on Pay Now.
- Confirm the transaction and wait 48 hours for Meta to verify it.
- Please provide a valid ID proof to Meta and submit it.
- After ID verification, your Threads account will receive a blue tick.
In conclusion, I hope you have all the details for getting blue tick verification on Meta Platforms, including the newly launched Threads app. Now it is up to you to try Instagram’s request verification or Meta Verified if available in your country. Meta Verified is still available in your region; it will be soon. Meta has numerous plans to execute shortly, so wait and watch. If you have questions, please contact me in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can you verify threads?
A1. Yes, as it is based on Instagram, you can get verified.
Q2: Is it rare to get verified on Instagram?
A2. Previously, it was rare, but it seems more common with the Meta Verified subscription.
Q3. Can I buy a blue tick on Instagram?
A3. Yes, head to the Meta Verified page and buy a subscription.
Q4. Is it easy to verify?
A4. With Meta Verified, it is now easier to verify.
- Download One UI 6.0 beta 3 for the Galaxy S23 series | Firmwareby Romeshwar Prasad
- Samsung release OneUI 6 Beta 4 to Galaxy S23 | Download Firmwareby Romeshwar Prasad
- Genshin Impact 4.1 Application Date & How to Apply, Livestream Date, New Events and Weapons, Release Date & Time, Banners, Characters & Moreby Mehak
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic Review: Features, Health, and Double-Tapby Love Adhikari
- PAYDAY 3 crashes or lags to improve performance.by Mehak