How to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro without Reinstalling
Microsoft Windows always have multiple versions, which come with different features and are more focused on niche users. For most Windows users, Windows 11 Home and Windows 11 Pro are good to do.
Windows 11 Pro is packed with most features, but Since Windows 11 Home costs less, the laptop comes with a home version. Even Microsoft’s in-house Surface device comes with Windows 11 Pre-installed. Windows 11 Home edition is priced at $139.99, while Windows 11 Pro is priced at $199.99.
So, if you want to upgrade to Windows Pro from Windows 11, then you will find a great place to learn. It’s quite straightforward.
What are the differences between Windows 11 Versions: Home & Pro
Before continuing, it’s important to understand the difference between both editions. Check out these Major differences between Windows 11 Home and Windows 11 Pro.
On Windows 11 Pro, you can use 2TB of Maximum Ram, 2 CPUs and 128 Maximum CPU cores, while Windows 11 Home allows you to have 128GB of Maximum Ram and 1 CPU and 64 numbers of CPU cores.
Further, Windows 11 Pro have Hyper-V and features like Kiosk Mode, Windows Update for Business, Dynamic Provision, Assigned Access, Enterprise State Roaming with Azure, Group Policy, Mobile Device Management, Windows Device protection, BitLocker device encryption, Windows Sandbox, Hyper-V, Join Active Directory/Azure AD, and Set up with local account functionality, which Windows 11 Home editions lacks.
Since it has a core difference, Windows 11 Home and 11 Pro are meant to be used by niche users. Where some parts are designed to protect confidential files. Windows 11 Home is great for most users, and if you need Windows 11 Pro, you already know why.
Upgrade your Windows 11 to Pro
You must buy a Pro edition if you don’t own a Pro.
- Open Windows Settings, and head over to Activation.
- From there, Click on “Upgrade your edition of Windows”, and then on the bottom, it has a Store link to buy Windows 11 Pro.
- Click on Buy since you owned the Home edition Pro code $99.
- Enter the Password and billing details, and complete the process.
- After this, restart your PC, and the Pro feature will be enabled.
Upgrade your Windows 11 to Pro with the existing Key
If you already own the Windows 11 Pro and don’t need to purchase the Pro Edition from the store, then the following guide is mentioned below.
- Open Windows Settings, and then go to Activation.
- Click on “Upgrade your Edition of Windows,” then Click on Change.
- Next, enter Windows 11 Pro Product Key once the Key is validated.
- Restart your PC; that’s it.
Since the installation file is the same, you don’t require to reinstall the Windows upon upgrading your Windows to Pro from the Home edition. With the restart, your Windows configuration will be set as a pro.
- India’s framework to tackle deepfakes before they disrupt democracyby Mehak
- Stop Buying an Avita Laptop: Bad Customer Support, Stuck on Boot, and Windows Update Restartby Love Adhikari
- Google Chrome adds a boarding pass detector to Androidby Mehak
- Xbox App Compact Mode for Windows Portal Devicesby Love Adhikari
- Find your Spotify Wrapped 2023by Mehak