Samsung’s One UI 5.0 Beta Program: Which Samsung Galaxy devices will get it?
Samsung announced their upcoming Android 13-based custom skin, One UI 5.0, and Beta testing is available for some Samsung devices. It supposes to bring the material you personalization options alongside new UI elements.
One UI 5.0 Beta
The public beta is expected to release in October, and the internal beta is already underway. Rumors for the One UI 5 is already hyped, Whereas Android 13 is scheduled to release later this year. Samsung might announce the One UI 5 at SDC (Samsung’s Developer’s Conference).
They are also working on the optimization to support the 120Hz refresh rate to deliver smooth performance and animation to make the transition more flUId, Improve UI navigation speed, and more.
One UI 5.0 eligible devices
Samsung Galaxy S22 Series has to be the first to receive the Beta version, there is no official announcement, but e can be expected for Samsung to expand the Beta testing to the additional device, including Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3.
According to reports, Samsung will begin its beta testing in the third week of July. On the other hand, the Final release will kick off in October. Not to mention, Samsung will roll out the update a month before its predecessor, and eligible devices to end upgrading by the end of 2022.
Samsung is trying to break its lousy history of Software updates by aggressively supporting its device, and it is also important to keep up with the competition since Apple has had a great reputation for supporting devices for years.
If we follow the recent indication, Android 12 has been upgraded with over 100 Million Samsung devices and still pushing. Here are the eligible device from a basic understanding by following the Samsung Firmware update policies.
Galaxy S series
- Galaxy S22 Ultra, S22+, S22, S21 FE, S21 Ultra (LTE/5G), S21+ (LTE/5G), S21 (LTE/5G), S20 Ultra (LTE/5G), S20+ (LTE/5G), S20 (LTE/5G), S20 FE (LTE/5G), S10 Lite, Note series
Galaxy Note series
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (LTE/5G), Note 20 (LTE/5G), Note 10 Lite, Z series
Galaxy Z series
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G, Z Fold 3, Z Flip 3
Galaxy A series
- Galaxy A73, A53, A33, A71 5G, A71, A51 5G, A51, A52, A52 5G, A52s, A72, A Quantum, Quantum 2, A03s, A12 Nacho, A32, A32 5G, A22, A22 5G, A23, A13, A03
Galaxy M series
- Galaxy M42 5G, M12, M62, M22, M31, M32, M32 5G, M52 5G, M33, M23,
Galaxy F series
- Galaxy F42 5G, F62, F12, F22, F23,
Galaxy Xcover series
- Galaxy Xcover 5
Galaxy Tab series
- Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S8+, Tab S8, Tab S7+ (LTE/5G), Tab S7 (LTE/5G), Tab S7 FE, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab A7 Lite, Tab A8 10.5 (2021)
In the background, Google is working, and we have a basic idea of how the Samsung One UI 5 will look. TizenHelp shares the first preview, and the device is running in South Korean with the Firmware version S906NKSU2ZVF6. However, Samsung officially didn’t join the Android 13 Beta but followed its own development.
On the other hand, Samsung devices will not get all Android 13 Highlighted features. Instead, some of the features are only licensed to Google’s Pixel devices. However, Android 13 will have improved privacy and security, better support for foldable smartphones, themed app icons, a new photo picker, Revamped Notification permission, HDR Video, Bluetooth LE Audio, and MIDI 2.0 over USB.
- OneUI 6 Beta is rolling out to the Galaxy S22, and a hotfix is available for the Galaxy S23 Series.by Mehak
- Download and install iOS 17 on your eligible iPhone and iPad.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Genshin Impact 4.2 Beta – Application Date, Deadline, and How to Apply.by Love Adhikari
- iPhone 15 over iPhone 15 Pro Series is the best model to buy this year: Buyer’s Guide.by Mehak
- What does private browsing actually do and is browsing really private?by Romeshwar Prasad