These Samsung Galaxy Will Not Receive One UI 6.0 [Android 14] Update
Samsung smartphones have garnered immense popularity due to their self-developed software system, One UI, which runs on the Android operating system. The latest buzz among Samsung Galaxy users revolves around the much-anticipated Android 14-based One UI 6.0 update. Smartphone enthusiasts eagerly await the release of the upcoming flagship build, wondering which handset will incorporate this new software. However, it’s important to note that not all Galaxy devices will receive the One UI 6.0 upgrade.
Devices Excluded from the One UI 6.0 Upgrade
Companies often modify their firmware features, making them incompatible with certain devices. Consequently, these devices are excluded from major upgrade lists. In this article, we will outline some popular Galaxy phones and tablets that will not receive the One UI 6.0 (Android 14) update.
Samsung’s policy ensures that flagship devices released in 2021 and later are eligible for four generations of OS upgrades, along with five years of security patches. The Galaxy S21, Galaxy S22, and Galaxy S23 series phones are set to receive the Android 14-based One UI 6.0 update. Additionally, select mid-range phones such as the Galaxy A53 and Galaxy A73 will also be included in this year’s One UI 6.0 rollout.
Unfortunately, Android 13 will mark the final major OS update for certain Galaxy phones and tablets. The devices that will not receive Android 14 and One UI 6.0 include the Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Note 20 series, Galaxy Z Flip (LTE/5G), S20 FE (LTE/5G), Z Fold 2 5G, Note 10 Lite, S10 Lite, A51, and A71 devices.
While these Samsung Galaxy devices will not get the Android 14 update, they will continue to receive security patches for a certain period. According to Samsung’s software update policy, the following Galaxy devices will not receive the next major Android update, which is Android 14-based One UI 6.0:
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy S20 FE
- Galaxy S20 / Galaxy S20+ / Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Galaxy Note 10 Lite
- Galaxy Note 20 / Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Flip (LTE/5G)
- Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Galaxy A22 (LTE/5G)
- Galaxy A32 (LTE/5G)
- Galaxy A51
- Galaxy A71
- Galaxy Tab A8
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (2020)
- Galaxy Tab S7 / Galaxy Tab S7+
One UI 6.0 Release
Google initiated the release of the first developer preview build of Android 14 for eligible Pixel smartphones in early February. As of now, Android 14 has reached its third beta milestone, with another beta build in the pipeline. Following a series of beta tests and incremental updates, the new operating system will be officially available for the Pixel smartphone lineup as well as AOSP.
Regarding Samsung’s One UI 6, beta testing is expected to commence at the end of August, followed by a stable release later this year.
- Windows 11 23H2 brings native RGB controls, AI Copilot, and more to the Release Preview Channel.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) Firmware Build S918BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) Firmware Build S916BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B) Firmware Build S911BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Be aware of iPhone market frauds and scams by authorized resellers in India, such as Croma and Unicorn Store.by Mehak