Upon the arrival of the Nothing brand, there arose initial concerns about its active participation in the custom development scene. However, those doubts were laid to rest by Nothing Phone 1, and now, with the introduction of Nothing Phone 2, it has confidently established itself as an active player in the custom development arena. Rooting Nothing Phone 2 opens up a myriad of possibilities, allowing users to install custom recoveries and flash custom ROMs, thereby empowering them to have greater control over their devices.
Steps to Root Nothing Phone 2 using Magisk
Step 1: Install Android SDK
To initiate the rooting process, it is essential to Download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. These tools encompass the official ADB and Fastboot binaries provided by Google. After downloading the SDK, conveniently extract it to your computer.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next, ensure to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your Nothing Phone 2. The former enables ADB mode recognition of your smartphone by the PC and facilitates easy booting to Fastboot Mode. Meanwhile, OEM Unlocking is imperative for the bootloader unlocking process. Access these options by navigating to Settings -> About Phone -> Tapping on Build Number 7 times -> Returning to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer Options -> Enabling USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on Nothing Phone 2
Before proceeding to root your phone, it is crucial to unlock the bootloader. Do note that this process will wipe all data and may void your device’s warranty. For detailed instructions, refer to the guide on “How to unlock bootloader on Nothing Phone 2.“
Step 4: Extract boot.img from Payload.bin
Download the stock firmware for Nothing Phone 2 from the provided link. Confirm that you are downloading the version corresponding to the firmware installed on your device. Extract the downloaded firmware to a suitable location on your PC, and you will find the “payload.bin” file. Use the Fastboot Enhance Tool to extract the payload file, and then transfer the “boot.img” file to the platform-tools folder.
Step 5: Patch the boot.img via Magisk
Download the latest version of Magisk and launch the app. Tap on the Install button beside Magisk, select “Select and Patch a File,” and navigate to the stock boot.img file. After selecting the file, tap “Let’s Go” to initiate the patching of the boot.img. The patched file will be placed in the Downloads folder on your device. Transfer this file to the platform-tools folder.
Step 6: Boot your device to Fastboot mode
Connect your Nothing Phone 2 to the PC using a USB cable while ensuring USB debugging is enabled. Launch the Command Prompt by typing “CMD” in the address bar of the platform-tools folder and press Enter. Enter the following command in the Command Prompt to boot your phone to Fastboot Mode:
adb reboot bootloader
To verify the Fastboot connection, type the following command:
Step 7: Boot Nothing Phone 2 using Magisk Patched Boot.img
Rooting Nothing Phone 2 offers two methods: flash the patched boot.img file directly or temporarily boot it. The recommended approach is temporary booting, which allows you to ensure everything works correctly before proceeding with permanent installation.
To temporarily boot, execute the following command in the CMD window:
fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
In the event of any issues, your device may experience a softbrick or bootloop. In such cases, a normal reboot should resolve the issue. If all is well, proceed with the permanent installation.
Step 8: Permanent Root Nothing Phone 2 via Direct Install
Launch the Magisk app and tap on “Install” -> “Direct Install.” Then, tap the “Let’s Go” option located at the top right corner. Upon completion, press the Reboot button at the bottom right to boot your device into the rooted OS permanently.
Rooting your Nothing Phone 2 using Magisk provides extensive customization options and enhanced control over your device. However, exercise caution, as the process involves potential risks and warranty voiding. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can safely root your device and enjoy the benefits of customization.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Is rooting Nothing Phone 2 a safe process?
- Rooting your device involves some risks, such as voiding the warranty and potential data loss. However, when done correctly, it can significantly enhance your phone’s capabilities.
- Can I unroot my Nothing Phone 2 after rooting it?
- Yes, you can unroot your Nothing Phone 2 by using the Magisk app and selecting the “Uninstall” option.
- Will rooting Nothing Phone 2 void its warranty?
- Yes, rooting your Nothing Phone 2 will likely void its warranty, so proceed with caution.
- Can I receive OTA updates after rooting?
- No, OTA updates may not be available for rooted devices. Manual updating may be necessary.
- Will rooting affect the performance of my Nothing Phone 2?
- Rooting itself won’t directly impact performance, but installing certain custom ROMs or modifications may influence device performance.
- Windows 11 23H2 brings native RGB controls, AI Copilot, and more to the Release Preview Channel.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) Firmware Build S918BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) Firmware Build S916BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B) Firmware Build S911BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Be aware of iPhone market frauds and scams by authorized resellers in India, such as Croma and Unicorn Store.by Mehak