Oppo announced the Oppo A2 Pro in Q3 2023, which features a 6.7″ FHD+ AMOLED display, MediaTek Dimensity 7050, and is positioned as a mid-range Android smartphone with impressive performance and photography capabilities. It is designed for those who seek cutting-edge technology and exceptional performance. We will cover everything you need to know.
Oppo A2 Pro: Pros and Cons
Check out the summary of the Oppo A2 Pro’s pros and cons below:
- The device’s display provides a visually satisfying experience.
- It offers smooth performance and multitasking capabilities.
- Supports 5G connectivity, ensuring fast internet speeds and a smooth online experience.
- Oppo claims it retains 88% of its original battery capacity after 10,000 charges.
- The wired charger is designed with a particular battery health engine that prevents overcharging and overheating.
- Lacks stereo speakers, both in terms of volume and bass.
- The camera does not have a wide-angle lens.
- Does not support expandable storage.
- Does not have a 3.5mm audio jack.
This time, the device features a double-ring design similar to the previous model in the series, with circular camera modules. It looks appealing and also provides users with a comfortable grip. It has a 6.7″ display panel with an eye-care double-curved screen. The thickness is 7.99 mm, and it weighs 183g. With dimensions of 162.7×74.3x8mm, it also comes with a dual SIM card slot for added convenience and boasts an IP54 rating for dust and splash resistance.
- Circular Camera Module: The double-ring design changes to match the Find X6 design. It includes the lens module, which can be seen as light and shadow flow when the phone is rotated. This improves wear resistance and adds a touch of elegance at the same time.
- Colour and Material: Following the colour scheme “Desert Brown,” it features a light gold lens module with brown leather back covers. It is available in two different colours: Vast Black and Twilight Purple.
- Hyperbolic Body: Featuring a 3D hyperbolic body with rounded corners for a better fit and a more comfortable grip
The device comes with a 6.7″ FHD+ curved AMOLED display panel that supports a 120Hz refresh rate, offering a resolution of 1080x2412p. It also features 2160Hz PWM dimming, which provides eye protection. Additionally, the display has 100% gamut and narrow bezels, providing a visually satisfying experience under various lighting conditions.
The Oppo A2 Pro display supports 1.07 billion colours, providing vibrant and immersive visuals. It features a 240Hz touch sampling rate to enhance the screen’s responsiveness during gaming or other high-intensity tasks.
Under the hood, the device is powered by the MediaTek MT6877V Dimensity 7050 (6nm) paired with 8GB/12GB of RAM and 256/512GB of onboard storage, with an additional 512GB of external storage. This ensures smooth performance and multitasking capabilities. In terms of performance, it scored 530944 in AnTuTu, 822 in Single Core, and 2912 in Multicore for Geekbench.
The device is paired with a Mali-G68 MC4 to deliver enhanced graphics performance. It can handle many tasks without any issues, making it a great performer in its price range.
In terms of the camera, the device has a dual camera setup with a 64 MP primary camera with PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) and a 2 MP depth sensor. You can use it to record in 4K at 30 fps; however, there is no wide-angle lens, considered a weak point, and it does not have OIS for stabilisation.
These results are promising for daytime, not devoid of details and correct reproduction. Up front, the selfie shooter is an 8MP selfie shooter. Overall, the Oppo A2 Pro camera system has room for improvement, especially in low-light photography.
The device has a massive 5000mAh Li-Po battery with a 67W fast charging solution capable of reaching 54% in 20 minutes and taking 100% charge in 42 minutes. The brand’s unique battery health engine and power chip prevent overcharging and overheating.
Oppo claims that the Oppo A2 Pro can retain 88% of the battery’s original capacity after 1000 charges, meaning you can keep the capacity for at least four years even if you charge it once daily. On the other hand, if the Oppo A2 Pro’s battery capacity drops below 80%, the company will replace the battery for free. Overall, the Oppo A2 Pro offers robust battery life and fast charging capabilities, making it a strong contender in its price range.
Audio and connectivity
Regarding connectivity, it is equipped with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.3, and A2DP and supports 5G for fast internet and a smooth online experience. It also has a USB Type-C port, whereas the sensors include an in-display fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, and compass.
Furthermore, there is support for GPS and NFC. The audio performance could be better, as it lacks stereo speakers, and both volume and bass are not impressive.
Operating System and Features
The device is running on Android 13, based on ColorOS 13.1. In addition to having an optical in-display fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass, the device will be available in black, purple, and brown colours. However, the device might vary depending on region, and performance could change accordingly.
Colour, Price, and Availability
There are three different colour options: Vast Black, Desert Brown, and Dusk Cloud Purple. The price of the device depends on the region and the specific model. In India, it costs Rs 20,890. However, the price may vary over time and between different retailers.
The device offers a high-quality display and powerful performance, making it a competitive choice in its price range. As for the mid-range, the device offers many features and performance. If you are looking for the features we mentioned and can overlook a few cons, then the A2 Pro is a good choice. Nevertheless, it is essential to consider personal needs and preferences when choosing a smartphone.
- GTA 6 trailer reveals release date and first female character.by Mehak
- Download Magisk v26.3 Stable for Androidby Mehak
- What is Virtual RAM in Smartphoneby Romeshwar Prasad
- Weirdest Concepts Smartphone Design this year (2023).by Love Adhikari
- How to directly open the YouTube link in Brave instead of YouTubeby Akhil Sharma