How to Fix Resident Evil Village Crashing and Black Screen Issues on Windows PC (Steam)
There have been instances of gamers having system problems when playing Resident Evil Village, a popular horror game. It’s pretty annoying when the game crashes. If you encounter this Resident Evil Village Crashing issue, you may be able to resolve it using this guide.
How to Fix Resident Evil Village Crashes on PC
Numerous causes may lead to the game’s crash, and as such, we must examine the cause and implement the proper solution. Please see the steps below on how to resolve your computer’s crash. Without further ado, let us examine this.
Minimum System Requirements for Resident Evil Village
- Intel Core i5-7500 or Higher/ Similar
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti or Higher/Similar
- DirectX 12
- OS (Operating System)
- Windows 10
Recommended System Requirements for Resident Evil Village
- Intel Core i7-8700 or Higher/Similar
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 or Higher/Similar
- DirectX 12/ DirectX Raytracing (DXR)
- OS (Operating System)
- Windows 10
Please ensure that you meet or exceed the minimal requirements for this game to function smoothly, and if you encounter any issues while following the advice below, go to the troubleshooting step.
Restart the game and your device.
By rebooting your device, you can resolve any glitches or transient issues caused by incomplete tasks. There is no need to be concerned about losing data, as it will not be removed. After rebooting your device, verify that the issue has been resolved; if not, proceed to the next method.
Install the most up-to-date graphics and operating system drivers.
Drivers were tasked with the responsibility of executing your hardware. If you haven’t updated your driver in a while, you should download and install the current version. Occasionally, this was due to technical difficulties or because the game’s current version included the latest driver improvements. You can get the most recent driver for your PC on the manufacturer’s support page, or you can use Driver Booster to automatically download and install the most recent version.
Additionally, ensure that your operating system is up to date. After checking for updates, verify that the operating system has been updated if it is out of date. It is likely that the issue has been rectified as a result of this relaunch and subsequent attempts at the game.
Put an end to background duties
It is likely that the crash occurred as a result of a background activity that is consuming a large amount of resources; therefore, it is preferable to terminate the task. Once you’ve completed the operation, you can check to see if the game is running and fix the error.
- Open Task Manager
- Use the Ctrl + Alt + Esc
- Click on Process and then look for the high-resource apps and service
- Simply, Right-Click on the app and then click on End Task
Disable HDR setting to resolve the PC problem caused by Resident Evil Village.
According to several gamers, the crash of Resident Evil Village can be resolved by removing HDR option on your PC. The stages that follow are detailed below.
- To begin, open the Steam app and select Library.
- Once you right-click on REV, select Properties.
- After selecting Local, navigate to Browse and select Configuration file.
- In your browser, navigate to the Config file.
- then set HDRMode to false to disable it.
- That’s it!
Use the windowed mode to play the game.
The Resident Evil Village was previously viewed in Full-Screen mode by switching the game to window mode. This is the procedure to take in order to resolve the issue.
- Navigate to the Steam Library and right-click.
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu after right-clicking on REV.
- Following that, click on the General Tab.
- Appears alongside Set launch option.
- Type the following text into the box
- To apply the changes, click OK.
- That’s it; restart your computer and then relaunch REV.
If you are still encountering the issue, proceed to the following tutorial. If the preceding technique did not resolve your error, you must attempt this method. This article will demonstrate how to check the integrity of the game’s files.
It is necessary to verify the integrity of game files.
If an incompatibility or corrupted file is discovered on your computer, the incompatible or corrupted file will be replaced with the latest version. The following is a guide that contains the necessary information.
- Navigate to Steam’s Library and then right-click.
- click the REV, and then select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select Local Files, followed by Verify the Integrity of Game Files.
- That concludes the discussion.
If you follow this guide, your device is likely to cease crashing. If the problem continues, we recommend waiting for the official release of the next patch update, which should recognise the issue and deliver a fix. If you have any additional queries, please leave a comment below. Keep an eye out for future developments on this subject.
- Does we get Windows 11 23H2 over 22H2 and 21H2?by Akhil Sharma
- Galaxy AI will be integrated with Bixby and the Galaxy Watch for advanced assistants.by Love Adhikari
- Samsung rolls out AI features to older devices: List of Eligible Galaxy AI Devicesby Mehak
- How to Install Windows 11 24H2by Romeshwar Prasad
- Does Rice a potential solution for Wet iPhone?by Akhil Sharma