Microsoft has started rolling out the new Outlook app for Windows 11 in Insider Preview, and this is said to be the default Mail and Calendar app, replacing the UWP-based Windows Mail. This new Outlook is based on a web app, and in order to make it modern, the company is using its in-house design language, Win3, to match the Windows ecosystem.
So, if you have been trying the new Outlook, even if you do not have Windows Insider Preview, you can use the preview by toggling “Try the New Outlook” to get the new Outlook. Some users report that they have been encountering issues with the new Outlook client. Today, in this article, we will share how you can reset the new Outlook to fix some of the most common errors. Without further ado, let us take a closer look at this.
Reset Your Outlook App on Windows 11.
We will share three different ways to reset the new look of the Outlook app on Windows 11. The first method is resetting the new look in Windows Advanced Settings, which will revert to default settings without removing your data. The second method will remove the data from the Outlook app.
How to Reset the New Outlook on Windows 11
Some common issues with the New Outlook app not working include the Outlook client not working and emails not syncing.
- Open Windows Settings (Windows + I).
- Go to Apps and then click on Installed Apps.
- Search for Outlook or find Outlook by scrolling.
- Once you find it, select the Outlook app.
- Click on the triple-dot menu that appears on the right side.
- You will see three options; click on Advanced Options.
- On that page, you will have a Repair option; click on it to confirm the repair.
By resetting your New Outlook, it will go back to the default settings. You can keep your settings with the following repair method, but the reset data will be deleted. Check out the following instructions for the same:
- On the same page of Advanced Options.
- There is a reset option.
- Click on it to check if your Outlook client is working and emails are syncing.
After doing this, New Outlook will function as expected. You will get your syncing functionality or the email client working as expected. The Reset Option will remove all your Outlook app’s data, so you must set up your account again.
How to Reset Outlook Using PowerShell
If you are still encountering issues with your emails, such as not syncing or the email client not working as expected, here is how to reset Outlook using PowerShell.
- Open the Start menu and search for PowerShell.
- Run PowerShell as an administrator by right-clicking on it in the search results and selecting “Run as an Administrator.”
- Use this command to reset your new Outlook:
- Get-AppxPackage “Microsoft.OutlookForWindows” | Reset-AppxPackage
- That is it!
Now, Outlook should be reset and start working correctly.
This new Windows Experience will replace the existing Mail and Calendar apps with the classic version of New Outlook. Recently, New Outlook was also rolled out to Apple’s Mac. This app shares similarities with the web interface, allowing you to connect your personal and work accounts and third-party email services like Gmail, Yahoo, and Apple iCloud. IMAP account support is said to be coming.
As this is still in development, there are a lot of missing features, including the inability to view emails offline and limited support for third-party emails. It only supports Outlook, Gmail, and Yahoo. Ahead of a stable rollout to a wider audience, the company is said to be bringing support for more emails and improvements to New Outlook.
- Download One UI 6.0 beta 3 for the Galaxy S23 series | Firmwareby Romeshwar Prasad
- Samsung release OneUI 6 Beta 4 to Galaxy S23 | Download Firmwareby Romeshwar Prasad
- Genshin Impact 4.1 Application Date & How to Apply, Livestream Date, New Events and Weapons, Release Date & Time, Banners, Characters & Moreby Mehak
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic Review: Features, Health, and Double-Tapby Love Adhikari
- PAYDAY 3 crashes or lags to improve performance.by Mehak