App tracking is a significant component a developer adds while developing an app. With this key, they get to know their users’ tastes and how they can improve their app accordingly. In this statement, you are also agreeing to the app tracking option. However, numerous cases exist where users lose their privacy because of such features. In that way, app tracking protection is a demanding thing that people want.
Concerning this, we have learned that DuckDuckGo (a privacy-focused search engine) has a feature in beta that can block third-party trackers in your app, even when you are not using them. However, at present, it is only available for Android users. But remember, alongside this feature, you can enjoy ad-blocking HTTPS encryption and many other things. So, let us move ahead and understand how to use this app’s tracking protection feature.
Shielding Your Privacy: Mastering DuckDuckGo’s App Tracking Protection
Before anything else, let us first introduce DuckDuckGo. It is a search engine and web browser focusing on privacy and security. It offers several features designed to protect users’ data and prevent them from being tracked online. It already comes with plenty of privacy-focused features, such as ad-blocking and a privacy dashboard, and now a new feature has been added.
Alongside these features, DuckDuckGo has introduced an app tracking protection feature. This feature can detect other apps on your phone that send data to any third-party companies mentioned in DuckDuckGo’s list and block them simultaneously. Also, people have other benefits from using DuckDuckGo, such as privacy protection and improved battery life. Using DuckDuckGo and its features would be the best deal. Nevertheless, people must learn how to set up and use such a feature, so let us look.
Setting Up DuckDuckGo App Tracking Protection
Note: Currently, the DuckDuckGo App Tracking Protection feature is limited to Android and in beta. So, the below steps are dedicated to Android only.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Search for DuckDuckGo there.
- Now tap the Install button to start installing.
- Afterward, DuckDuckGo will be installed on your phone.
- Next, open the DuckDuckGo app on your phone.
- Then tap on the three-dot menu at the top right: Settings >> More from DuckDuckGo.
- Tap app tracking protection and enable the toggle for it.
- That is it; you are now ready to use such a privacy feature.
Getting familiar with the DuckDuckGo App Tracking Protection
After complying with the above steps, DuckDuckGo will automatically detect apps on your phone if any of them send your data to third-party companies mentioned on their list. Furthermore, accordingly, block that app from doing so.
However, DuckDuckGo is always known for its privacy features and flexibility, which means, apart from the above steps, you can manage the app’s tracking feature more closely and in a manner that suits you. You can safelist trusted sites, turn off tracking protection for specific sites, and review and precise tracking data. For a better view, let us look at each of these customizations.
Allow listing Trusted Sites.
This means allowing specific sites not to get blocked by DuckDuckGo through their enhanced blocking feature.
- Launch the DuckDuckGo Private Browser app.
- Then tap the three-dot menu in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now tap Settings >> More >> App tracking protections >> Manage exceptions.
- Next, tap on the + button to add trusted sites.
- Enter the website’s domain name you want to allowlist and tap Add.
- That is all. In this way, you can allow any specific site.
Review and precise tracking data
- Open the DuckDuckGo Private Browser app.
- Tap on the three-dot menu in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap Settings >> More from DuckDuckGo >> Privacy Dashboard.
- Afterward, you will see a summary of tracking data, including blocked trackers.
- As a result, tap the clear button for the site you want to visit.
- That is it. In this way, you can clear tracking data in a more customized manner.
Tips for Maximising Privacy
Even though DuckDuckGo is known for its privacy-focused nature, many users compromise their privacy even when actively using such a browser. Because such users have yet to have a definite outline of how they can get started using it and get away from all hacking practices, note that we are sharing a few tips to enhance your privacy below.
- Use a strong password manager.
- Enable two-factor authentication.
- Be cautious when sharing information online.
- Use DuckDuckGo Bangs
- Take a look at the Privacy Dashboard.
- Always enable the app’s tracking protection feature.
In conclusion, DuckDuckGo’s App Tracking Protection offers a powerful and user-friendly solution to enhance your online privacy. By enabling this feature and following best practices for privacy, you are taking a proactive step toward protecting your data in an increasingly interconnected world. We encourage you to embrace the benefits of this tool and explore additional privacy resources to safeguard your online presence. Your privacy matters, and with DuckDuckGo, you have the tools to control it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can websites be tracked on DuckDuckGo?
DuckDuckGo can track website data collectively and block it at the same time.
Q2. Can a WiFi owner see my search history on DuckDuckGo?
Ans. There is a partial chance of it. If you search for anything and do not tap on the search result, you cannot be tracked by the WiFi owner.
Q3. Is DuckDuckGo a safe browser for privacy?
Ans. Being a privacy-focused browser, it is the best option.
Q4. Is it illegal to be on the dark web?
Ans. It is not permitted to use the dark web, which means it is unlawful.
- What is the Google Pay Convenience Fee for Mobile Recharge Transactions?by Akhil Sharma
- What is Copilot? Microsoft Rebrands Bing to Compete Against ChatGPTby Akhil Sharma
- How to bypass the YouTube slowdown issue in Firefoxby Akhil Sharma
- What is the Lomdi AI App Store, and how do I use it?by Akhil Sharma
- How to Download and Use the Mozilla Firefox Extension on Mobileby Akhil Sharma