Disable your Threads badge from your Instagram bio. Can I really hide it?
Meta’s thread is one of the hottest social media apps, directly competing against the world’s biggest microblogging app, Twitter. It has been built under Instagram, and to let users know if the Instagram app is available on Thread company, they have integrated the Threads logo with individual profiles. Not only this, but they also give a number badge when you join Threads, sharing information about your profile.
Threads have some unusual restrictions on profile customization and do not allow users to delete their Threads account without deleting their Instagram account. However, users can deactivate their Threads account, and in order to delete it, delete your Instagram account. The company also does not allow you to change your Threads username. If you want to change it, change your Instagram Threads, which will reflect on your Instagram account.
Before proceeding with the article, Meta has confirmed that the Threads badge is temporary and only lets your followers know that you have joined Threads. Additionally, the app has some missing features, and if you want early access to these features, join the Threads Beta via the Google Play Beta Program.
How to Remove Threads from Your Instagram Profile
It’s easier than you think. Here’s a quick guide:
- Open Instagram and head over to your Instagram Profile from the bottom navigation.
- Long-press on your @thread number.
- A Threads Number badge will pop up.
- Choose “Hide Badge.”
- That’s it!
Note: Once you remove the Threads badge, you cannot unhide it on your Instagram account. However, it’s important to know that Instagram will still show it as temporary to let you know that you joined Threads.
So, if you have been dissatisfied with the Threads badge, you can remove it with the instructions we have shared. However, for some, it’s a flex that they have joined the Threads platform before millions of signups.
If you haven’t joined Threads, you can join by downloading and installing the app. Lastly, use your Instagram app to log in with Instagram. You don’t need to set up an account or profile; you can import those directly from Instagram.
Deactivate your Threads Account
You can do this directly from Threads; you don’t need to change any settings on Instagram.
- Launch Threads and then head over to the profile from the bottom navigation.
- After that, open Threads settings by tapping on the upper-right corner burger menu.
- Now, tap on the account and then choose Deactivate Profile.
- Finally, tap on “Deactivate” to confirm your actions.
- That’s it!
The app has received over 80 million signups and posted more than 95 million posts and 190 million likes. It is expected to have more than 100 million signups by the end of this weekend.
- Download Infinix Note 12 Turbo X670 Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Note 11S X698 Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Note 12 X670 Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Hot 10S NFC Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Infinix Hot 12 X689D Flash File Firmware | Software Updateby Sandeep Gautam