How to Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Moto G7 Play | Guide
Lineage OS is a popular custom ROM and is supported by several devices across the globe. They are one of the most popular firmware distribution communities that gives users to boost performance and deliver a stock Android.
Whereas if you are wondering why we need a custom ROM if we already have the OS provided by the manufacturer. However, there is always specific lifeline support from manufacturing and delays on the latest Android upgrade rollout. Many people were excited to experience the latest Android Version.
Lineage OS finally extended the support for some new devices, including the Moto G7 Play. Today we are going to help you with this Complete guide to download and install custom ROM on your Moto G7 Play.
Moto G7 Play initially came with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box, Still, we didn’t found the stock Android experience.
Noteworthy: LineageOS 17 for Moto G7 Play
This guide helps you to enhance your android experience with LineageOS. We are going to share your complete guide alongside download link, Even we also mention the requirements and steps to the installation process.
Get Ready to Install the LineageOS 17
It is important that your device should have the bootloader unlocked, and you have installed the TWRP Recovery. If you have done that, Let downloaded and installed LineageOS for Moto G7 Play.
Moto G7 Play Information about RMX1851 LineageOS
|System on Chip
|Qualcomm Snapdragon 632
|2GB & 32GB eMMC5.
|ROM OS Version
|Android 9.0 Pie-based
|Stock Firmware, TWRP & Unlocked Bootloader
- Adding Ambient Display
- Screen-off Gesture
How to install LineageOS 17 for Moto G7 Play
We recommend you to an instant complete article before you install LineageOS on your Moto G7 Play. So you would not face any problems while installing LineageOS.
- Enable the USB Debugging on your Moto G7 Play
- Turn on the adb and fastboot: HOW TO INSTALL ADB AND FASTBOOT IN WINDOW AND MAC.
- Unlock the Moto G7 Play Bootloader, and Setup instructions can be found on Moto’s Forum.
Download the Unlock tool apk on your device: Download Bootloader unlock toll.
- You devise data will be erased.
- Charge your devices at least above 60%
- 1x USB Cable and 1X Pc/Mackbook
- Then, Download and Manually Install Android USB Drivers on your PC
- Additionally, Download LineageOS 17 ROM
- Lastly, Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps Package [Google Apps]
- That’s it, and you have finished the download files that you have to flash or install on your device.
Here is the guide to follow the instructions
- Starting with install the latest TWRP recovery, flash the Decryption fix file.
- Swipe right to confirm the flash.
- Now, Flash the pie GApps by going to TWRP to Install to Then select GApps zip file and swipe right to flash.
- Reboot to recovery
- For Recovery and for Download
First Power off your device and then hold the Volume Down + Power button, then navigate using volume rocker.
- For Recovery and for Download
- Then, Wipe cache, Data and Dalvik cache. [Note: you don’t have to wipe the Vendor] (If you format instead of wipe cache, then you have to reboot the recovery, or you might get an error/issue.)
- Flash both Gapps 9.0 arm64 and ROM together
- Reboot your Moto G7 Play again
- That’s it, and You can now enjoy the LineagOS 16.
Hopefully, We believe you have successfully installed the LineageOS 17 on your Moto 6 Pro. Thanks for being with us. Don’t forget to share the bugs, So we can share with developers to fix those issue in the comment section down below.
- How to Install Windows 11 24H2by Romeshwar Prasad
- Does Rice a potential solution for Wet iPhone?by Akhil Sharma
- One UI 7-based Android 15 Tracker: Eligible Deviceby Mehak
- Galaxy S24 Series starts receiving its first update.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Android 15 OTA for Pixel Devices | Developer Previewby Romeshwar Prasad