Before releasing the public beta, Apple released the developer preview to test the latest features. If you want to check those features first, you can opt for the developer preview of the operating system. You need to register for an Apple developer account, which costs $99/per year.
Download and install the iOS Dev Profile
Before installing the pre-release software, do a complete backup of your device, so you retain all data. There are many bugs in the developer beta. A backup should be created, or a secondary device should be installed.
Backup your iPhone using iCloud
- Open your device settings, and then click on your profile.
- Tap on iCloud and then iCloud backup.
- Choose Back Up Now; that’s it.
Backup your iPhone using iTunes/Finder
- Connect your iPhone to a Mac or Windows machine.
- Launch Finder/ iTunes on your computer, and then choose the device that you have connected to.
- After that, click on Back Up Now and wait for it to finish.
- That’s it.
After you complete your iPhone backup, you can download the iOS Dev Beta Profile.
- Open the Apple Dev Beta website in Safari, and tap on the Download New Beta tab.
- Login to your account, and select the iOS version you want to download.
- Tap on the Install Profile, and then choose Allow when the pop-up says, “This website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?”
- After that, open your device settings and tap on the “Downloaded” option.
- Tap Install when it appears in the upper-right corner of the display, and enter a passcode to continue.
- After that, click again on the Install icon after viewing the Terms and Conditions.
- Next, it will prompt you to restart your device.
- That’s it; restart your device.
Once you successfully install the iOS Dev Profile, you can download your device’s latest Dev version.
- Open Device Settings, and head over to General.
- Go to Software Update and then tap Download and Install.
- After that, enter your Password to verify, and from there, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the download is finished, tap Install Now.
- That’s it; restart your device to apply the changes.
If you encounter difficulty accessing the update, this is likely because several users are trying to download it at the same time. It is possible that you will experience slow downloading speeds or even fail to download due to overflowing traffic. For this, you can wait for some time and try again later.
Download and Update iOS Dev Beta using Finder
This is another alternative if you want to download the latest developer beta using the Finder. Not to mention, you have to download the profile on your iPhone. Then Finder can upgrade your iPhone to the latest developer beta.
- Download the iOS Beta Software.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and launch the Finder.
- Choose iPhone from the options, and then press and hold the option key in the Summary panel.
- From there, choose Restore iPhone and then choose IOS Beta Software to restore a file.
- Open it, and then Restore it will start.
How to Install Apple Beta Software
The latest iOS Developer beta will be available to all members of the Apple Developer Program. This release allows developers to test and develop the program ahead of the software’s public release.
So, this is how you can download and install the iOS Developer Beta successfully on your iPhone. So, when the public release is available, you want to opt out of the iOS Developer Beta.
- Open your device settings, and head over to General.
- From there, go to VPN & Device Management.
- Choose the Beta Software Profile that appears under the Configuration profile.
- Tap on Remove Profile from your device, and then Confirm your action.
- That’s it; remove your device.
After restarting your device, update your device to the latest public release from the Software Update section of the device settings. Alternatively, you can erase your iPhone using Recovery Mode. This will uninstall the iOS Dev Beta instantly. But it will erase everything stored on your device.
- Start by connecting your iPhone to your Mac and then booting your device into Recovery Mode with the following instructions for all devices.
- iPhone 8 or later: Press and release the Volume UP button, then press and release the Volume Button; down after that, Press and Hold the Side button until you see the Recovery mode.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone Plus: Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Button Down simultaneously until the Apple Logo appears, and you will enter Recovery Mode.
- You will find the Restore/Update option. Tap on Restore, and your device will be wiped clean. Which will install the stable release of iOS, and you can install the update next.
- It takes some time, and an update prompt will appear. Tap on it and restore your iPhone.
- That’s it!
After upgrading, you need to enter your iPhone passcode and sign in with Apple ID to re-sync with iCloud and to update similar settings.
IOS may come with a developer feature in a later release, which won’t be stable. You might encounter serious bugs and issues impacting your device’s performance. It is advised not to install the developer beta on your regular device.
- Realme X7 Max 5G Rolling out stable Realme UI 4.0 Android 13 Update
- How to Download and Install Fortnite on Android Devices
- How to use Microsoft Phone Link to sync your Android phone with Windows PCs
- The Best Upcoming Smartphone in February for Every Budget
- Download Samsung Pass from the Microsoft Store, available for Windows 10 and 11.