How to Install OTA Updates using ADB Sideload in Nothing Phone 2
When it comes to the underlying OS skins, Nothing Phone 2 boasts an exceptionally clean and stock Android experience. Regarding the update cycle, the OEM has executed an impressive job by delivering timely updates.
Despite their efforts, these updates are typically rolled out in batches, resulting in variations in their availability among users. If the first batch of users receives the update, they can share the OTA URL with others.
For those who haven’t yet received the update, there’s an option to download and install the OTA update using ADB Sideload in Nothing Phone 2 manually. This guide will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of how to carry out this process.
Steps to Install OTA Updates using ADB Sideload in Nothing Phone 2
Step 1: Install Android SDK
To commence, ensure that you install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC or computer. These tools include the official ADB and Fastboot binaries provided by Google. Upon downloading and extracting the Platform Tools to a convenient location on your PC, you will have access to the necessary platform-tools folder.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next, it is essential to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your smartphone. USB Debugging facilitates the recognition of your device by the PC in ADB mode and allows you to boot your smartphone into Fastboot Mode effortlessly.
To enable these options, follow the straightforward steps below:
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on “Build number” seven times consecutively to unlock Developer Options.
- Return to Settings > System > Developer Options.
- Enable both USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Download the Firmware for Nothing Phone 2
- Procure the firmware file for your Nothing Phone 2 from the link provided: [Download Nothing Phone 2 Stock Firmware [Stock ROM Flash File]]. Make sure you download the full update package.
- After downloading the file, transfer the firmware to the platform-tools folder on your PC. To ensure a smooth process, rename the file to “update.zip,” so the complete name reads “updates.zip.”
Step 4: Boot to Stock Recovery
- Connect your Nothing Phone 2 to your PC using a USB cable. Then, navigate to the platform-tools folder, type “CMD” in the address bar, and press Enter to launch the Command Prompt.
- To boot your device to stock recovery, input the following command in the CMD window:
adb reboot recovery
- As a result, you will be directed to the No Command Screen. To exit this screen, press and hold the Power button, followed by pressing and releasing the Volume Up key while still holding the Power Key. This will take you to the stock recovery.
Step 5: Install OTA/Firmware using ADB Sideload in Nothing Phone 2
- Within the stock recovery, use the Volume keys to highlight the “Apple Update from the ADB” option, and then press the Power key to confirm it.
- Returning to the platform-tools folder, input “CMD” in the address bar, and hit Enter to open the Command Prompt.
- To verify the ADB Sideload connection, type the following command in the CMD window:
- Seeing the “sideload” keyword in the Command Prompt confirms a successful connection, allowing you to proceed further.
- In the CMD window, execute the following command to install the OTA file:
adb sideload update.zip
- The installation process will commence and may take a few minutes to complete. Once finished, utilize the Volume keys to select the “Reboot System Now” option and press the Power Key to confirm.
- By adhering to these steps, you can effectively install OTA updates using ADB Sideload in your Nothing Phone 2. Embrace the latest features and improvements provided by the updated firmware!
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is ADB Sideload, and why should I use it to install OTA updates?
- ADB Sideload is a feature that allows you to install OTA updates manually on your Android device. It can be handy when you haven’t received the update through regular means, and you wish to install it using your computer.
- Is enabling USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking safe for my Nothing Phone 2?
- Enabling USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking is generally safe for your phone. However, it is essential to use these features with caution and only when necessary. Disabling them after completing the installation is recommended for added security.
- What is the purpose of renaming the firmware file to “update.zip”?
- Renaming the firmware file to “update.zip” is necessary for ADB Sideload to recognize and install the update. Ensure you follow this step accurately to ensure a successful installation.
- Will installing OTA updates using ADB Sideload void my Nothing Phone 2 warranty?
- Installing OTA updates using ADB Sideload should not void your phone’s warranty, as it is an official method of updating your device. However, it’s always a good idea to check your device’s warranty terms and conditions for clarity.
- Are there any risks involved in installing OTA updates using ADB Sideload?
- While ADB Sideload is a legitimate method, there are inherent risks involved in any software modification. Ensure that you follow the steps precisely, and only download firmware from trusted sources to minimize potential risks.
- Download Google Camera for Sharp AQUOS R8s and R8s Pro | GCam APK Portby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Google Camera for Honor 90 | GCam APK Portby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Google Camera for itel S23 Plus | GCam APK Portby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Google Camera for Nokia G42 5G | GCam APK Portby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Google Camera for Lava Blaze 2 Pro | GCam APK Portby Sandeep Gautam