Bixby Text Call is a new feature released yesterday in India that allows users to answer incoming calls via typing messages. When you receive any call on your Samsung device, Bixby greets the caller and informs them that you are using Bixby. The caller’s speech is then converted into text and displayed on the phone’s screen. Similarly, you can type your responses so that Bixby can read them aloud to the caller.
After understanding the main focus of this new feature, some of you might wonder why Samsung introduced such a feature. We tried to figure it out and found that even though Samsung has millions of users, some still find it inaccessible. Especially for deaf people who cannot call the phone, answering calls via text appears to be the best solution. Bixby Text Call makes things clear, so let us understand this.
Revolutionizing Calls and Texts: The Bixby Text Call Experience
To get a clear idea of what this Bixby Text Call feature does, you might be wondering what requirements are needed to use Bixby Text Call. In this regard, we found that to use this new Samsung feature, you must permit Bixby to read and write phone storage, make and receive calls, and access the microphone. Apart from these permissions, you should also consider a few requirements, such as having a Samsung device, Android 10 or higher, and Bixby enabled.
Devices Supporting Bixby Text Call
Among the different requirements, the foremost one that may confuse you is the devices that support this feature. After our investigation found that Samsung devices with OneUI 5.1 have this new Bixby text call feature. I understand that this phrase can be tricky for you. Below, we share a list of Samsung devices supporting the Bixby text call feature.
- Galaxy Z Fold, Fold 2, Fold 3, Fold 4, Fold 5, Galaxy Flip, Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip 3, Galaxy Z Flip 4, Galaxy Z Flip 5
- Galaxy S20, S21, S22, and S23 line-ups
- Galaxy FE Series
- Galaxy Note 20 series
- Galaxy A34, A54, A52s, A82, A53, A33, A61, and A51
Enable Bixby Text Call
Since the feature has just been rolled out, you must enable it. You should have the latest OS update on your Samsung device to get the Bixby Text Call feature. Additionally, I assume you have complied with the permissions and prerequisites for using this feature. Now you are ready, so let us first enable Bixby Text Call.
- Open the Phone App.
- Tap on the three dots menu appearing at the top right.
- Now tap on Settings.
- Next, select the Bixby Text Call option.
- Under there, toggle on Bixby Text Call, and your task is finished.
Answering Incoming Calls using Bixby Text Call
Now, up to this moment, you have enabled the Bixby text call feature, which means you are ready to use it. However, some of you are still facing the issue of exactly how to use it. Although we have provided a quick overview, it can still be confusing. With that in mind, below are instructions for using Bixby text calls when answering an incoming call.
- First, you get an incoming call.
- Tap on the Bixby Text Call option.
- Now type a message and tap on send.
- After that, Bixby will read your message to the caller.
- Repeat step 3 for whatever you want to say to the caller.
- Lastly, tap on End Call, and you are done.
Customize Bixby Text Call
Samsung has provided this feature as a standard suite for every user. However, every user may have a different perspective on this. Based on that, we have figured out options for customizing Bixby text calls. Fortunately, we have found that users have multiple things to customize, such as the intro message, quick response, language, and voice. To make these customizations, follow these steps.
- Launch the Phone App.
- Then, go to the three dots menu.
- Now, go to the Settings section.
- Next, tap on Bixby Text Call and start customizing the following:
- Language & Voice: Tap on Language & Voice to choose which language and voice you want to answer calls.
- Quick Response: You can also create pre-written responses to use while answering calls with Bixby. To do that, tap on Quick Response, tap on the + icon, type the quick response, and tap on Save.
- Intro Message: A Bixby text call greets the caller with an intro message. If you want to change it according to your preference, tap the Intro Message and insert your desired intro message.
- Lastly, save the changes, and you are done.
Ideal Situations for a Bixby Text Call
You now have almost all the required details about Bixby’s text calls. Not only that, but you also got to know what Bixby text calls do. However, more than this may be needed for a clear understanding, or some users may need a kick-start to start with this feature. We have gathered details and found some of the best use cases for Bixby text calls, so look at them.
- Answering calls in a noisy environment
- Using this feature while in meetings
- Suited for people who are unable to speak
- Communicating with people who speak a different language
- Responding to calls from unknown numbers
Hidden Features & Shortcuts to Use Bixby Text Call
You now know what Bixby text calls are and everything about using it and customization. However, with Samsung’s every addition, there are a few tricks or hidden capabilities that can be found after using it. These enhance the overall user experience. For this, we gathered details and found the following features of Bixby Text Call.
- Respond to messages received through third-party apps (like WhatsApp) using Bixby. Just open that third-party messaging app and tap the Bixby button to respond.
- Now, send and receive attachments using a Bixby text call. These attachments include images, videos, and documents. To do this, while receiving a call, tap on the attachment and select the attachment you want so that the caller can download such an attachment.
- Control smart home devices with a Bixby text call. Tap the Bixby button and say “turn off lights,” “doors,” or any other command you want.
- Double-tap the Bixby button to answer a call with the Bixby text call feature quickly.
Frequently Encountered Bixby Text Call Challenges
Everything is now in your favour, but previous experiences showed that some users encountered common issues while using Bixby text calls. These common issues range from Bixby text calls not working to attachments not being sent or received correctly. Noted these things, below we share those challenges along with potential solutions.
- Problem: Bixby Text Call is not working
Solution: Ensure that you have enabled the Bixby text call feature.
- Problem: Bixby text calls do not translate the caller’s message correctly
Solution: Try choosing the correct language and voice settings.
- Problem: Bixby text calls are not sending or receiving attachments
Solution: Make sure to send small attachments and always clear the cache from the Bixby app.
To recap, Bixby Text Call offers a range of convenient communication features that empower you to communicate effortlessly with your Samsung device. We encourage you to explore this innovative tool and experience the benefits of voice-powered communication. As technology continues to evolve, we look forward to future enhancements that will make Bixby Text Call even more seamless and efficient. Embrace the present and stay excited about what lies ahead in digital communication.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why does my phone say Bixby text call?
Ans. It means you can answer incoming calls via text response.
Q2. Is Bixby safe?
Ans. It is entirely safe as it sends your data to the server for learning purposes, and that is after your permission.
Q3. Is Bixby free?
Ans. Currently, Bixby is a free-to-use assistant.
Q4. Is Bixby always listening?
Ans. Not always; you need to wake up Bixby by saying “Hey Bixby” or any other phrase you have set up.
- Explain Google’s Gemini Ultra, Pro, and Nano.by Akhil Sharma
- How to Make Passport size photo online free with These Useful Tipsby Team AndroidGreek
- What is Beeper Mini to use iMessage on Androidby Akhil Sharma
- Facebook Video Download in Full HD: A Complete Guideby Team AndroidGreek
- How to use Telegram Transcriptionsby Akhil Sharma