If there is one thing you need to keep an eye on, it is your PC’s security state. Today, we will provide you with instructions on “how to update virus protection on your Windows 10 PC.”
It is extremely important that you have the latest version of your antivirus software so as to keep your computer safe. Lots of malware, viruses, and the likes that exist on the internet can possibly infect your PC while web surfing.
Windows 10 PCs come with Windows Defender, an antivirus program already built-in; if necessary, you might also look for third-party antivirus software to protect you from viruses and other threats.
But you need to make sure that your antivirus program is updated so it shields your PC from the latest viruses. Check your virus protection state before you proceed.
How do I check the virus protection state on Windows 10?
- First, Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Go to System and Security, then select System.
- Find Security and Maintenance on the left side of the System window and double-click it.
- Click on Security and you will see a list of your recent messages.
- Follow the instructions to resolve any detected issues.
The Security and Maintenance feature on your system can be used to check the status of your virus protection.
In addition to that, you can access Security and Maintenance by typing security and maintenance into the Windows search box, and then clicking on that.
Update your Windows 10 virus protection
- First, Open the Window Defender
- To launch Windows Defender, go to Start, type Windows Defender, and press Enter.
- Click the check for updates now option in the Windows Defender window.
- Then restart your PC after the update process is completed.
We highly recommend keeping your computer secure by regularly updating your antivirus programs. You should install an antivirus program on your PC if you don’t already have one.
Thanks for being with us. We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback if there is any query share with us in the comment section below. Stay tuned for further updates in the future on the same.
- Swachh Bharat hack, 16 Million users data leaked
- Microsoft finally started rolling out the Unified Outlook App for Windows | How to Join & More
- WhatsApp Announced a New feature, “WhatsApp Call Links”
- Google Stadia refunds, Ubisoft will let you transfer your Stadia purchases to PC
- Expert RAW on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, and Galaxy Z Fold 2