If there is one thing you need to keep an eye on, it is your PC’s security state. Today, we will provide you with instructions on “how to update virus protection on your Windows 10 PC.”
It is extremely important that you have the latest version of your antivirus software so as to keep your computer safe. Lots of malware, viruses, and the likes that exist on the internet can possibly infect your PC while web surfing.
Windows 10 PCs come with Windows Defender, an antivirus program already built-in; if necessary, you might also look for third-party antivirus software to protect you from viruses and other threats.
But you need to make sure that your antivirus program is updated so it shields your PC from the latest viruses. Check your virus protection statebefore you proceed.
How do I check the virus protection state on Windows 10?
- First, Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Go to System and Security, then select System.
- Find Security and Maintenance on the left side of the System window and double-click it.
- Click on Security and you will see a list of your recent messages.
- Follow the instructions to resolve any detected issues.
The Security and Maintenance feature on your system can be used to check the status of your virus protection.
In addition to that, you can access Security and Maintenance by typing security and maintenance into the Windows search box, and then clicking on that.
Update your Windows 10 virus protection
- First, Open the Window Defender
- To launch Windows Defender, go to Start, type Windows Defender, and press Enter.
- Click the check for updates now option in the Windows Defender window.
- Then restart your PC after the update process is completed.
We highly recommend keeping your computer secure by regularly updating your antivirus programs. You should install an antivirus program on your PC if you don’t already have one.
Thanks for being with us. We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback if there is any query share with us in the comment section below. Stay tuned for further updates in the future on the same.
- How to send Best Quality Photos and Videos on WhatsApp | Enable Best Quality Media
- Download Best GCam 8.1 for Android Device | Google Camera Port UltraCVM_v8.1.apk by UltraM8
- Download Best GCam 8.1.1 for ASUS Zenfone 6/7/8, and ROG 2/3 | Google Camera Port GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.3.apk by Wichaya
- How to Create a CON Folder in Windows in Window 7, 8, 10, and 11
- Download Best GCam 8.2.4 for Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco | Google Camera Port MGC_8.2.400_A10_V-alpha2 by BSG
- Download Best GCam 8.1.101 for Android | Google Camera Port NGCam_8.1.101-v1.3-fix by Nikita
- OPPO A93s 5G Launched in China with Dimensity 700, 48MP Triple-cam setup & 5,000mAh battery
- Poco F3 GT has been unveiled, the biggest competitor to OnePlus Nord 2 5G
- How to Disable/Enable the Startup Sound on Windows 11
- Nova Launcher 7 APK – The Public Beta Goes Live on Google Play | How to Install and Feature guide
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G Lauched with Dimensity 1200-AI, 50MP Triple-camera Full Specification and Price