How to Unlock a Bottloader on Any MediaTek Powered Device | Guide
Noteworthy: If you once unlock the bootloader unlock, then you might lose the warranty of your device based on your manufacture. Some manufacture support Bootlocker, Where some strictly doesn’t allow you to unlock the bootloader.
Why do we have to unlock the bootloader of the device?
This is because if you want to instantly any Custom Recovery or Custom ROM, then you must have to unlock the bootloader of your device. In this article, we are only going to Guide you “How you can Unlock Bootloader of your MediaTek Device.
How can you unlock the Bootloader for your MediaTek Powered Device?
Likely, The process of unlocking the kernel and ramdisk of your device, Where the bootloader tool runs code compline. OEM themselves locked the bootloader, but later they provide the bootloader unlock for the device. Generally, Android OEM designed its Own custom skin on top of Android, such as MIUI, ColorOS, Funtouch, HydrogenOS, among others. This is because they want users to stick with their Custom Skin and use their service.
If you are unlocking the bootloader of your device for the first time, Then read all the steps carefully because you might make it possible that you damage your device.
How to Unlock bootloader of MediaTek MT6580 and MTK 64-Bit MT67
- Starting with your Desktop system such as PC, Laptop.
- The micro USB cable that supports on your device to the computer.
- Make sure your device should be charging at least 60 or above.
Basic Pre-Requirements Downloads.
- Download the MediaTek VCOM Drivers
- Now, Download the latest driver for USB on your PC.
- Then, Download ADB Fastboot tools.
- That’s it, but we recommended you to back up your device complete, then you are ready to proceed.
Noteworthy: The Majority of the MediaTek processor device comes with an Unlocked Bootloader. Moreover, the device with the Mt67xx or MT6580 featuring a Bootloader, but you would not be able to root or install any Custom Recover or ROM.
Method 1: Turn off OEM Lock from Developer mode
First thing first, You need to enable the Developer Mode on your device. Which you can enable by going to settings and then head over to About device. Where you will find the Android version. Tab continuously until the developer mode is on. Now, Go back and Go to Developer mode setting and choose “About Phone,” Where you will find the “OEM lock” Turn it off.
Method 2: Use Official Tool provided by OEM
Nowadays, OEM themselves release the bootloader, or you can also look on webs for 3rd party developers.
Method 3: Ask your manufacture to provide the Unlock Code.
- When you receive the code and Enable the developer mode?
- From the developer setting, you have to enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Now, Download and Extract the ADB Fastboot Zip on your Desktop.
- Then, Connect your Phone with your Desktop through USB Cable.
- Wait for a moment until all the necessary driver gets installed.
- Then Open the CMD also known as Command Prompt, which you can open on the same folder by pressing Shift+Right
- Mouse click, or you can open it from Run (Windows+R), then type CMD and hit enter. (For Mac open your Terminal)
(Make sure you have not selected any folder.)
- Now Type the Command in your CMD
- Further, if you receive a prompt for USB Debugging on your phone, then click OK.
- Then, Type the “ADB reboot bootloader” on CMD.
- While your device reboots into a bootloader, then Type the fastboot device to install the fastboot driver correctly.
- However, your device starts showing the Serial number of your device in CMD. If not, then fix the driver problem than repeat the step again.
- Now, Type the “fastboot OEM unlock” in CMD and after the complete execution type fastboot reboot.
- That’s it your device successfully reboot.
Method 4: Unlock Code.
Some developer uses the Same code available to unlock the bootloader of the device.
- We are starting with Enabling Developer mode.
- Then extract the Downloaded ADB Fastboot zip file on your Desktop.
- Then, Connect your device with Desktop.
- Wait for a couple of minutes to ready the driver and install it on your Desktop.
- Open CMD Command, Thought Shortcut fundamental press Shift + Right Mouse at the same time but without selecting any folder. Or you can use Run command by typing CMD and hit enter or search for CMD on your Desktop.
(For Mac open your Terminal)
- If your device prompts the USB Debugging, then Click OK.
- Then on CMD Type ADB device after complete execute type ADB reboot bootloader.
- Your device expected to reboot into bootloader, and if it shows the Bootloader lock, then check for fast boot driver, install properly then follow the same command.
- Further, proceed, With typing the fastboot devices.
- Now, your desktop show the serial number of your device then you can continue If it doesn’t show then fix the driver and follow the steps again.
- In CMD type the Following Command fastboot OEM unlock ****************”
(Put your device 16 Digital unlock code provided by Manufactute, Replaced with *)
- Then type fastboot OEM get-bootinfo to check the bootloader is unlocked.
- Lastly, Type the fastboot reboot, Then wait for the bootup process to complete.
- That’s it you have successfully done.
Hopefully, we believe that this article remains helpful to you and you have successfully unlocked your device bootloader. Thanks for being with us and sharing your more valuable opinion and feedback in the comment section down below.
- Bharti Airtel 5G Plus with 600 Mbps speed launched in 8 Cities
- Best Way to Download Videos from Facebook on iPhone & iPad
- Lark Player for Android: Best Free Music Player App to Listen to Music Offline
- The Best Facebook Video Downloader App for Android – Snaptube
- Android 13 QPR1 Beta 2 Update Now Available