How to set up parental controls on your iPhone or iPad to restrict screen time, explicit content, or purchases.
Maintaining your child’s time limit, not allowing them to exceed the screen time limit, and protecting your child’s iPhone settings with a pass code or remotely managing your child’s phone using Parental Control. You can check the content and privacy restrictions, block or limit dedicated apps alongside the features on your kid’s iPhone.
Additionally, Apple allows you to setup Parental Control in a way to restrict the settings on your kid’s iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from making purchases, downloads, explicit content, and most importantly, privacy. It doesn’t mean you are interfering with your kid’s privacy; unlike you, you are just helping your kid from being exposed to explicit content consumption. So without further ado, here is the step-by-step instruction to set up parental controls on your child’s iPhone.
How to Set Up Family Sharing on the iPhone
Startingwith limiting the time your child uses their device, which includes the purchase and screen-on time ability on their iPhone. For this, you first have to decide which of your family members you want to make and then keep going with the follow-up guide mentioned down below.
- Open Device Settings and then head over to your profile.
- From there, choose Family Sharing and then, from there, set up your family.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions by adding your family member.
How to Enable Ask to Buy
To complete the purchase, the child’s iPhone requests you to allow the purchase or decline. It is set to under 13 by default, but you can change it to teenager.However, after enabling it for teenagers, you won’t be able to revert it.
- Go to Family Sharing
- Tap on “Ask to Buy.”
- From there, choose your child’s name.
- Next, enable Ask to Buy
How to Enable Screen Time on Your Kid’s iPhone with Family Sharing
You can restrict your child’s device screen time accordingly. For this, here is the following guide:
- Open device settings
- Head over to Screen TimeNext,
- select your child’s name, which will appear under Family.
- It will be open to drop-down men, Downtime, App Limit, and Content & Privacy Restrictions should all be selected.
You can now set additional parental controls. Here are the options that allow specific restrictions.
- Downtime: Setup the specific time to use the specific apps.
- App Limit: Set a time-limit to use an app or individual app.
Allow your child to have contact and allow those who can communicate to have specific time.
- Restrictions on Content and Privacy: There are various settings that fall under this, such as App Store Purchase, Access to pre-installed apps and features, Content Restriction, Content Restrictions, Web-Content, Siri Web Search, and Gaming.
These options assist in keeping your children away from explicit sensitive content and screens on time.Once you finish setting up your kid’s device controls, ensure you have created a special screen time passcode on your child’s device. Where it asks you for a 4-digit password, where it allows you to unlock your kid’s iPhone. That’s it. It is important that your kids won’t be able to change the parental control settings.
Hopefully, this article was useful to you, and if you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section below.Keep an eye out for future updates on the subject.
- Download and Install Vivo iqoo U3x Standard Edition PD2143 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install DEXP K48 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Vivo Y51 2020 PD2044F Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A02 SM-A022G Combination File (Firmware)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A2 All version Combination File (Firmware)
- Download Samsung Galaxy Expert RAW v1.0.00.21 and How to use Guide
- The Best Free and Paid Video Editing Apps for Android and iOS in 2022
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A7 All Version Combination File (Firmware)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus All Version Combination File (Firmware)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A6 All Version Combination File (Firmware)
- How to Enable Multi-Factor Authentication on Your Rot Games Account