How to Restore Microsoft Authenticator Backup codes for 2FA
Microsoft Authenticator is one of the most popular 2FA authenticator applications, but what if you lose or reset your phone? However, if you have enabled the backup on the Microsoft Authenticator then you can backup those codes and get access to the 2FA code from any device. But recovering the Microsoft Authenticator app is a bit tricky and it’s not straightforward to recover. Today I will be sharing how you can restore Microsoft Authenticator code step by step.
How to Setup Backup on Microsoft Authenticator
It’s important that you set up the backup on your primary device so in case you lose you can ensure that you don’t lose your 2FA Codes.
- Open the Authenticator App login with your Microsoft Account, if you already have setup then proceed to the next steps.
- then Click on the triple-dot vertical menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Then click on Cloud Backup, and enter the emails that you want to add.
- Verify the backup mail to which you want to store the backup.
While doing the backup it’s important that you remember in which account you have done the backup as it is necessary with recovery.
How to Restore Microsoft Authenticator Backup
So you have set the backup, on any other device which you want to restore the backup that you can do with these following instructions.
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Then accept the Privacy and continue then there for the first time on the bottom you have the option “Restore from backup.”
- There you have to click on Restore from backup and then it asks you to enter the account in which you have set up the backup.
- That’s it!
So this is how you can restore the backup. However, there could be some accounts for which you may need to re-verify your account.
In addition to everything, Microsoft Authenticator has also been used to store passwords, synced with Microsoft Edge. The app works on both Android and iOS devices. Microsoft Authenticator stores all the data in the cloud to which the app is connected during the recovery process you will be asked to sign in and verify the account.
- Does we get Windows 11 23H2 over 22H2 and 21H2?by Akhil Sharma
- Galaxy AI will be integrated with Bixby and the Galaxy Watch for advanced assistants.by Love Adhikari
- Samsung rolls out AI features to older devices: List of Eligible Galaxy AI Devicesby Mehak
- How to Install Windows 11 24H2by Romeshwar Prasad
- Does Rice a potential solution for Wet iPhone?by Akhil Sharma