How to Reset a Fitbit Smartwatch or Tracker 2023
If you own a Fitbit smartwatch or tracker, there may come a time when you need to perform a reset. Whether you’re facing operational issues or considering selling your device, it’s essential to know how to reset it. Fitbit offers a user-friendly process for resetting its devices, but the specific steps vary depending on the model you own. In this article, we’ll provide clear instructions on how to reset various Fitbit smartwatches and trackers, making your life easier.
Resetting the Fitbit Charge 5, Inspire 3, and Luxe:
Fitbit’s latest offering, the Charge 5, is renowned for its exceptional health and fitness tracking capabilities. On the other hand, the Inspire 3 caters to the needs of passive users with its compact form factor, while the Luxe stands out as a fashion-forward tracker with an elegant design and exclusive features. To reset these devices to their factory settings, follow the steps below:
- Swipe down on the clock screen.
- Scroll down and tap the Settings app.
- Swipe up to find Device Info and select it.
- Continue swiping up and choose Clear User Data.
- Finally, press and hold the Hold 3 sec button to initiate the reset.
Resetting the Fitbit Charge 3 and Charge 4:
The Fitbit Charge 3 and Charge 4 are predecessors to the Charge 5, sharing a similar design and featuring a monochrome display. However, the Charge 4 offers additional features such as built-in GPS and NFC functionality for Fitbit Pay. To reset these models, follow these simple steps:
- Access the Settings app on your Charge 3 or Charge 4.
- Select About.
- Tap on Clear User Data or Factory Reset.
Resetting the Fitbit Inspire, Inspire HR, and Inspire 2:
Fitbit’s older Inspire lineup, including the Inspire, Inspire HR, and Inspire 2, remains popular despite lacking some essential features found in newer models. If you own one of these devices and wish to reset it, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings on your Fitbit device.
- Select the Clear User Data option.
- When prompted, press and hold the screen for 3 seconds, then release.
Note: Fitbit Inspire 2 users must deactivate Tile before erasing their device.
Resetting the Fitbit Ionic, Sense, or Versa:
Fitbit’s smartwatch series consists of the Ionic, Sense, and Versa models. While the Ionic has been discontinued, customers can still choose between the sleek and modern Sense and Versa smartwatches, both offering essential health and tracking features. The Sense series provides additional functionalities like ECG and EDA. To reset your device from these series, follow these steps:
- Press the side button to view the apps list, then tap on Settings. Alternatively, swipe down from the clock screen and select the Settings option represented by a gear icon.
- Scroll down to About.
- Finally, tap on Factory Reset.
By following these instructions, you can easily reset your Fitbit smartwatch or tracker to its factory settings, whether it’s from the Charge, Inspire, or Ionic series. Now you have the knowledge to keep your device running smoothly.
- India’s framework to tackle deepfakes before they disrupt democracyby Mehak
- Stop Buying an Avita Laptop: Bad Customer Support, Stuck on Boot, and Windows Update Restartby Love Adhikari
- Google Chrome adds a boarding pass detector to Androidby Mehak
- Xbox App Compact Mode for Windows Portal Devicesby Love Adhikari
- Find your Spotify Wrapped 2023by Mehak