Best Ways to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android and iPhone with or without Backup.
It happens to all of us when we accidentally delete a message but don’t worry; there is a way to recover those messages. One of the most basic ways to recover is to restore your chat history by installing and opening WhatsApp. For this, you need to re-verify your number. Additionally, there are data recovery tools available that you can try. They work on both Android and iOS devices. To learn how to recover deleted or missing WhatsApp messages, we have prepared an article for you.
Ways to Recover WhatsApp Deleted Messages
Note: Deleted messages are often stored for 30 days. This means that after 30 days, you can’t restore those deleted messages. However, you can still recover them in some scenarios.
- It is always advisable to use Google Drive storage because it will have a local backup of files if you have enabled backup. So, by reinstalling and verifying your mobile number, you can restore all messages.
- Another way is to use the local backup history stored on the Android device. By using “Restore your chat from a local phone back up,” you need to initiate the process. With this, you can view your most deleted WhatsApp messages. It has one issue: it only recovers the most recent message.
- WhatsApp has no built-in tools to help make this recovery process easier. However, there are some third-party recovery tools that you can use, such as Dr Fone, EaseUS MobiSaver, Disc Drill, iMyFone, and MiniTool Mobile Recovery. But we don’t advise using them. These tools help scan your device’s internal storage for deleted files.
Note: If you don’t have a backup, you can recover deleted messages through your friend’s chat history or using any third-party tool.
Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android
WhatsApp uses a cloud-based backup solution that can help you retrieve deleted messages. If you have enabled backup for your account, it is updating regularly. To check, navigate to WhatsApp Settings > Chat Backup. From there, verify the email you have granted access to.
- First things first, uninstall WhatsApp from your Android device to ensure that WhatsApp doesn’t overwrite the backup files.
- Now download and install WhatsApp from the Google Play Store.
- After installing, it will ask you to enter your details, including your name and phone number.
- During installation, it will prompt you and ask whether you want to restore your chats from Google Drive.
- Tap on Restore, which will initiate the recovery process. Be patient because it takes some time, depending on the size of your backup files.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation, and all your old messages and media should now be available in your chat.
Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iOS.
Like Android, WhatsApp for iPhone also keeps backups in iCloud regularly. The steps to recover deleted messages from WhatsApp for iOS are similar. Follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Start by uninstalling WhatsApp by choosing “Delete app”.
- Next, download WhatsApp on your iOS device by visiting the App Store.
- Enter your details to register for WhatsApp by submitting your name and phone number.
- The app will prompt you to ask whether you want to restore your backup.
- Tap on “Recover Messages” and follow the on-screen instructions to recover all the deleted messages. Be patient and ensure that your device has enough space in your local storage during recovery.
Recover WhatsApp Deleted Messages Without a Backup on Android
In case you haven’t enabled cloud backup, you can recover deleted WhatsApp messages. Follow these instructions.
- Open File Manager, then tap on WhatsApp and choose the Database folder.
- Look for msgstore.db.crypt12 and rename it to msgstore_BACKUP.db.crypt12.
- Rename msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore_BACKUP.db.crypt12.
- Reinstall WhatsApp on your device. You don’t have a backup this time, but it will prompt you to restore your chats from a local backup.
- Tap on Restore and wait for some time to let it process. Once it finishes, you can view most of the deleted messages in your chat.
Note: There is a downside in that you can only recover the most recent messages because the amount of backup space available for local backup for each app is limited.
Recover WhatsApp Deleted Messages Without a Backup on iOS.
There is no similar functionality for iOS to recover WhatsApp deleted messages without a backup. However, there are tools available that you can use to recover deleted WhatsApp messages without a backup on iOS. Ensure you don’t send any new messages to the chat where the deleted messages are located, as it may overwrite the deleted messages and make them harder to recover. Also, don’t format your device’s internal storage, as it will erase all of the data on the device, including deleted messages.
- iPhone 15 over iPhone 15 Pro Series is the best model to buy this year: Buyer’s Guide.by Mehak
- What does private browsing actually do and is browsing really private?by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Google Store 25th birthday Wallpaper.by Love Adhikari
- Red Dead Redemption 3 Release Date and Exciting New Features Revealed!by Akhil Sharma
- Download Tiny11 based on Windows 11 23H2.by Romeshwar Prasad