Samsung One UI is well-known for its features, one of which is the Dual Messenger feature. This feature allows users to create a duplicate app on their device so they can use two separate accounts for personal, business or other purposes. Giving users an alternative version of the installed app seems to be a great advantage. However, recently some users have started reporting encountering an error with the cloned messenger app crashing on their device.
The Dual Messenger clone for WhatsApp doesn’t seem to be working as expected. As a result, many people are having trouble using their secondary WhatsApp on their device, which could be very useful and important for them. This problem surfaced after users updated their device with the latest One UI March 2023 Security update. This issue hasn’t affected all devices; it has only affected a limited number of users in certain regions.
It is still unknown if this issue will affect other cloned apps or if it is only affecting the cloned WhatsApp Android version. In the meantime, until Samsung rolls out a patch update, you can follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
How to fix Samsung One UI cloned WhatsApp crashing/not working:
To fix this issue, you need to clear the cache of WhatsApp. Here are the instructions:
- Open device settings and go to Apps.
- From there, go to WhatsApp (the cloned app that is crashing) and tap on Force Stop.
- Next, tap on Storage and then tap on Clear Cache.
If this doesn’t work, you need to reinstall WhatsApp or check for a WhatsApp update from the Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Store. Alternatively, you can also perform a removal of the cache partition as the system cache partition stores temporary system data. Cache helps to make things faster and more efficient, but sometimes due to some issues it might get cluttered. By clearing the cache, you can fix this issue.
If the issue remains unfixed, you can try restarting your device, but it’s not recommended since this is likely to be fixed with updates. Samsung offers a Dual Messenger feature in Galaxy smartphones which is actually quite useful, but this issue might ruin its user experience.
- Brave Browser adds support for vertical tabs for desktop usersby Akhil Sharma
- WhatsApp announced Security Center, Book Delhi Metro Tickets, and more new experiments in betaby Mehak
- Krafton announced the BGMI Month 21 Royale Pass and the BGMI Rising Tournament 2023: Esports Returns to Indiaby Love Adhikari
- Apple has launched the Apple Music Classical app for Android, but it’s not available for iPad or Mac yet.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Microsoft has released a quick solution to a problem with webcams on devices that use Arm processors, like the Surface Pro X.by Mehak