Windows 10 is the latest Operating System From Microsoft for Laptops and Desktops. In this article, we will explain how you can find CPU cache memory or Processor cache memory in Windows 10.
Processor Cache Memory in Windows 10
By ensuring that the Processor has its own Cache Memory, the most frequently used data is being stored within the Processor Cache so that the CPU does not have to access that data from the main memory (RAM) of the computer.
Types of Cache Memory
There are Three types of Cache Memory
- L1 cache: This is the basic cache in a computer chip. It provides very fast access to data but it has very little storage capacity.
- L2 cache: This second cache can either be implemented on a separate chip joined to the CPU, or it can be embedded on the processor chip.
- L3 cache: This type of processor cache slows memory access by over a factor of two. However, as compared to L1 and L2 caches, the L3 cache is quick. It significantly boosts the performance of RAM.
How To Check Processor Cache Memory Size Using Task Manager
In the Task Manager in Windows 10, you can see detailed information about your computer’s processors, including the number of physical processes installed on your system.
- The first step is to right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Under the Virtualization section of the Performance tab, click on CPU in the left pane. The CPU cache size is displayed in the right pane of the Performance tab.
How To Check Processor Cache Memory Size Using Command Prompt
Following the steps below, you can find the size of the Processor Cache Memory using the Command Prompt in Windows 10.
- First, select the Command Prompt (Administrator) option from the right-click menu in the Start menu.
- On the Command Prompt screen, type wmic cpu get L2CacheSize and L3CacheSize, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- You will be able to see information about L2, L3 Cache size after executing the command.
Hopefully, We believe that you read about “How to Check Processor Cache Memory in Windows 10”. Thanks for being with us. We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback if there is any query share with us in the comment section below. Stay tuned for further updates in the future on the same.
- Download and Install Vivo iqoo U3x Standard Edition PD2143 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install DEXP K48 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Vivo Y51 2020 PD2044F Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A02 SM-A022G Combination File (Firmware)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A2 All version Combination File (Firmware)
- Download Samsung Galaxy Expert RAW v1.0.00.21 and How to use Guide
- Download and Install Oppo A73 CPH2099 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Alldocube X Game (T1023) Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Vivo X60T PD2085 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A8s All Version Combination File (Firmware)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus All Version Combination File (Firmware)