How to Access the Facebook Desktop Site on Mobile Devices
Facebook has long provided a specialized mobile version of its platform for users who prefer browsing on their phones rather than using the mobile app. However, this mobile website may lack certain functions and features that are available on the desktop version. Fortunately, there’s no need to fret, as it is indeed possible to access the full Facebook desktop site from your mobile browser, granting you access to all the features and capabilities. In this detailed guide, we will walk you through the process of opening the Facebook desktop website on your smartphone, regardless of whether you are using an Android or iOS device and irrespective of the browser of your choice.
How to Open the Facebook Desktop Site on Android
Most Android smartphones today come equipped with Google Chrome as their default browser, which makes it a suitable choice for demonstrating the process. However, rest assured that the steps are relatively similar regardless of the mobile browser you employ.
- Launch the browser of your preference, such as Google Chrome, from either your home screen or app drawer.
- Next, input the URL of the Facebook website (www.facebook.com) into the address bar and proceed by tapping the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Subsequently, enter your Facebook account credentials to sign in, unless you are already logged in, in which case you can skip this step.
- Once you find yourself on the Facebook Home page or the Timeline page, locate the 3-dot menu situated in your browser’s address bar.
- From the expanded menu, select the option labeled ‘Desktop Site’ to transition to the mobile version of the Facebook desktop site.
- However, our journey is not yet complete. To fully access the comprehensive Facebook desktop site, tap the address bar and select the pencil button to enable editing. Proceed by modifying the URL from “www.m.facebook.com” to “www.facebook.com” and press Enter on your keyboard to open the desktop site.
Voila! You should now be able to view the complete Facebook website on your smartphone. It’s worth noting that this process applies to most Chromium-based browsers on Android, including popular alternatives like Kiwi Browser and others. Additionally, once you are logged into your Facebook account within your browser, you can explore other browsers and search for the “desktop site” option, enabling you to edit the URL and gain access to the full version of the website.
Opening the Facebook Desktop Site on iOS Using Safari
On iPhones, Safari typically serves as the default browser, preferred by the majority of iOS users. Let’s delve into the steps required to open the full version of the Facebook desktop site on mobile using Safari.
- Launch Safari from your home screen or app drawer, bringing forth the familiar browser interface.
- Subsequently, enter the URL of the Facebook website (www.facebook.com) into the bottom address bar and tap the ‘Go’ button on your keyboard to initiate the navigation.
- Following that, enter your Facebook account credentials to sign in, unless you are already logged in and can bypass this step.
- Upon reaching the Facebook Home page or the Timeline page, locate the ‘A’ button located in the bottom address bar of your browser.
- Scroll down the resulting menu and select the option titled ‘Request desktop site’ to switch to the mobile version of Facebook’s desktop site.
- However, please be aware that our destination has yet to be reached. To access the complete Facebook desktop site, tap the address bar and modify the URL from “www.m.facebook.com” to “www.facebook.com“. Conclude the process by pressing the ‘Go’ key on your keyboard, thereby opening the desktop site in its entirety.
Congratulations! You should now be able to peruse the full version of the Facebook website on your iPhone utilizing Safari
- Download One UI 6.0 beta 3 for the Galaxy S23 series | Firmwareby Romeshwar Prasad
- Samsung release OneUI 6 Beta 4 to Galaxy S23 | Download Firmwareby Romeshwar Prasad
- Genshin Impact 4.1 Application Date & How to Apply, Livestream Date, New Events and Weapons, Release Date & Time, Banners, Characters & Moreby Mehak
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic Review: Features, Health, and Double-Tapby Love Adhikari
- PAYDAY 3 crashes or lags to improve performance.by Mehak