Windows 11 23H2 has an updated Settings app that includes Home with Interactive Card.
Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 11 23H2, which includes a revamped Settings app with a new Home Page. The Windows Settings app now has a new Home Page with interactive cards (similar to widgets) that dynamically allow users to make changes to their devices and account-related setups.
In this article, we will be sharing Windows 11 23H2, along with a guide on how to enable Windows Settings Interactive Cards. This gives users more interaction and allows them to manage Windows Settings with just a few clicks.
Windows 11 23H2 Home Page
It gives users a quick overview of their device, including quick access to specific settings and the ability to manage their account. On the Home Page of Windows Settings, there are interactive widgets that show various device and account information. The Home Page group on Windows Settings of 23H2 has different cards dynamically depending on Windows Settings. Each interactive card is optimized to provide the most relevant information and controls, allowing users to quickly adjust settings on their device.
There are two sections on the Home Page. The top section shows basic information about the device, including a preview of the desktop alongside the computer name and an option to change the device’s name. The second section shows the networking status along with the name of the network adapter. Clicking on it will take you to the Network & Internet settings section. Following that, there is the Windows Update service that shows the last time the system checked for updates. To get the Windows Update, click on it to access the Windows Update Settings section.
Windows Settings Interactive Cards
At the bottom, there are several interactive cards that support seven different options, including Recommended Settings, Cloud Storage, Account Recovery, Personalization, Microsoft 365, Xbox, and Bluetooth devices.
Since @PhantomOfEarth is on vacation I will do some coverage today of IDs— Xeno (@XenoPanther) June 29, 2023
Copilot: vivetool /enable /id:44788892
Settings Home Page: vivetool /enable /id:42058345,42058313
If you don't see Copilot in the taskbar. Go to taskbar settings and uncheck/recheck Copilot (preview)
- Recommended Settings: It adapts to specific usage patterns, providing timely and relevant settings options.
- Cloud Storage: Shows an overview of OneDrive storage usage and warns when you are about to reach OneDrive capacity.
- Account Recovery: Shows recommendations for Microsoft account security and additional recovery information.
- Personalization: Provides customization with one-click access to update the background theme or change the color mode.
- Microsoft 365: Quickly shows subscription status and benefits, as well as the ability to take key actions.
- Xbox: Shows subscription status and the option to manage subscriptions.
- Bluetooth Devices: For Bluetooth device management.
These are just some of the cards that come with Windows Settings’ Interactive Cards. The company has said that they will be releasing more new cards. These cards cannot be rearranged, chosen, or removed. They are not available to everyone, but you can enable the New Windows Settings homepage with the following instructions mentioned below.
How to Enable the New Windows 11 Home Page for Windows Settings
To enable the new Windows 11 Settings Home page, make sure you have updated your Windows to the latest version, Windows 11 Build 23493 or higher. If you still don’t have the new Windows 11 Settings Home page after updating, follow these instructions:
- Download ViveTool and extract the zip folder into File Explorer.
- Copy the path of the folder and then run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type “cd” and paste the path of the folder. For example: cd c:\folder\path\ViveTool-v0.x.x
- Enter the command ID to enable the Home Page for Settings: vivetool /enable /id:42058345,42058313.
- Restart your computer.
After restarting your Windows, you will see the new Home page on the Windows 11 Settings page. Here, you will find all seven new interactive cards (similar to widgets). If you want to deactivate this feature, execute the following command: vivetool /disable /id:42058345,42058313.
- Windows 11 23H2 brings native RGB controls, AI Copilot, and more to the Release Preview Channel.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) Firmware Build S918BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) Firmware Build S916BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B) Firmware Build S911BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Be aware of iPhone market frauds and scams by authorized resellers in India, such as Croma and Unicorn Store.by Mehak