How to Fix the Instagram Issue “Sorry, something went wrong” on Android and iPhone: Step by Step Troubleshooting Guide
From the beginning, Instagram attracted a vast userbase to its platform. As it is a new thing and the only platform that allows various rich features, such as stories with different customizations, However, Snapchat has the same feature, but it does not have the same user base as Instagram at the time.
Surprisingly, earlier, Instagram was taken over by Facebook, which now comes as Meta. Even with a lot of features and advantages. A few Instagram users have an error that needs to be fixed as soon as possible. In response to this, we have studied it and found a few common fixes for it. So, here we will share with you the fix for the Instagram issue. “Sorry, something went wrong.”
Resolve the Instagram problem “Sorry, something went wrong.”
As the error message indicates, whenever any user tries to post anything or see any story, This certain error comes on the screen showing “Something Went Wrong.” However, there are mainly two reasons for getting this error, which is the Instagram server being down or your specific network having some issue. Meanwhile, prior to this, you should take care of both of these aspects. Although, if you are still getting the same, then you can try out the below-stated fixes.
Log in Using Facebook
Facebook and Instagram are both from the Meta family. Meanwhile, you can log in to your Instagram account via Facebook. Because sometimes the Instagram server is down, you can sometimes take the help of the Facebook server to log in. However, if you don’t know how to log in via Facebook, you can refer to the below instructions.
Before proceeding with the below steps, make sure you have connected your Instagram account with your Facebook account. Otherwise, you can access Instagram via Instagram.
- Start by opening Instagram.
- Then, tap on “log in” with Facebook.
- Next, insert your credentials.
- As a result, you will be directed to your Instagram account.
- That’s it. Now check if the error is fixed or not.
Temporarily disable your account.
Sometimes, whenever you try to access your Instagram account, it seems like there are a few internal errors in the “Something Went Wrong” error. In that case, you need to give your Instagram account a fresh start. So, here we recommend you temporarily disable your Instagram account. If you don’t know what to do, then follow the below stated instructions.
- Begin by opening the Instagram App.
- Next, navigate to your profile.
- Now, tap on Edit Profile.
- Then, scroll down to the bottom.
- As a result, you will see the “temporarily disable my account” button.
- Afterwards, tap on that button.
- Next, wait for at least 3 hours.
- Then, go to your Instagram account and sign in.
- That’s it. Now check if the problem is fixed or not.
Re-Install the Instagram App
It is also seen that when you install any app, it comes with a lot of internal files. And, at the time of installation, it is possible a few internal files get corrupted and show a “Something Went Wrong” error. In that case, we recommend uninstalling and re-installing the Instagram App. If you don’t know, then you can follow the below steps.
- First, go to Settings.
- Scroll down to Application Management.
- Locate Instagram and tap on it.
- Now, tap on the uninstall button.
- As a result, your Instagram app will be uninstalled.
- Afterwards, open your specific app store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store).
- Then, search for Instagram and tap on Install.
- Following this, the Instagram App will re-install.
- That’s it. Login to your account and check if the error is fixed or not.
Overall, these are the most proven fixes to solve the “something went wrong” error. However, if you are still getting the same Then you can get the help of Instagram’s official help Centre. Hopefully, we can now expect that you all have accurate content about the fix to the Instagram issue “Sorry, something went wrong.” With regards to this, if any user has any queries, please share them with us in the comment section down below.
- OneUI 6 Beta is rolling out to the Galaxy S22, and a hotfix is available for the Galaxy S23 Series.by Mehak
- Download and install iOS 17 on your eligible iPhone and iPad.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Genshin Impact 4.2 Beta – Application Date, Deadline, and How to Apply.by Love Adhikari
- iPhone 15 over iPhone 15 Pro Series is the best model to buy this year: Buyer’s Guide.by Mehak
- What does private browsing actually do and is browsing really private?by Romeshwar Prasad