How to Use Google SGE (Search Generative Experience) on Mobile: Android and iOS
Google announced the Search Generative Experience during I/O 2023, which has been in beta in the US. After testing Google SGE for several months in certain regions, the company is now rolling out the Google Search Generative Experience in India and Japan, adding support for Hindi. You can start using Google Search Generative Experience on your mobile device on both Android and iOS.
It is unlike a bar where you have to open an independent tab to use it. It is directly integrated into the Google Search app. Anything you search for will now show an overview of the content. In this article, we will share a guide on joining the Google SGE beta and using it on your smartphone.
Research shows that users aged between 18 and 24 like this feature and appreciate it. There is a positive attitude towards Google SGE.
How to Join Google Search Generative Experience (SGE) from Mobile
It is a straightforward method. Before that, ensure you have updated your Google search to the latest version.
- Visit the Google Search Labs opt-in, which will take you to the Google SGE page.
- Then, toggle to enable “Google SGE” and click on “Try an example,” which will redirect you to Google with an example of Google Search.
- Click on the “I agree” button to continue, and then, you can use Google Search with a search prompt or input.
- That is it!
Launching today: the Search Generative Experience (SGE) – available as an experiment in Search Labs.— Google India (@GoogleIndia) August 31, 2023
Supercharge your search by getting:
📖 a gist of a topic with AI-powered overviews
🔎 pointers to explore more and natural ways to ask follow ups
Try the experiment here:… pic.twitter.com/kdBiol5J60
- There is also support for Hindi. You can use English and Hindi. Use the toggle to switch between languages.
- You can also have the option of asking follow-up questions. By clicking on “Follow-up” on that page, you have a text area at the bottom where you can write a prompt to start receiving responses.
- There is also an option for voice input and verbal responses.
- To generate revenue, there are ads with Google SGE.
In the coming months, Google will soon expand its Google Search functionality to more regions.
Note: Users can also use Google Search on their desktops with Chrome. Other browsers, like Microsoft Edge, have yet to support this functionality.
It enhances the overall experience of Google Search and allows users to ask follow-up questions to get better results. This feature is still being developed, so do not rely solely on it. The best thing is that it shows relevant links alongside Google’s traditional search UX so that users can check those. Google is gathering feedback to work on those issues, but humans also review the input or prompt.
Google also said that this feature still needs to be fine-tuned. Currently, Google SGE is better for getting quick answers. For a deep understanding of a topic, you can still visit pages to learn more about it and discover things. It does show related images and videos to help further users understand the topic.
To further enhance the experience, Google has added the ability to plan trips, show products, and provide academic-related functionality. Recently, the company has started rolling out the “Help Me Write” functionality to Google Workspace and general users. This allows them to use generative AI in documents, slides, presentations, and other applications.
- Windows 11 23H2 brings native RGB controls, AI Copilot, and more to the Release Preview Channel.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) Firmware Build S918BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) Firmware Build S916BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B) Firmware Build S911BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Be aware of iPhone market frauds and scams by authorized resellers in India, such as Croma and Unicorn Store.by Mehak