Google announced an AI-generated background feature on Meet, where users can create a background image in Google’s video-calling app. If you don’t have any backgrounds to use and want a unique background every time, you can generate an image instantly based on your preferences.
It’s also quite fun to have features like this, and Google recently rolled out the update to Gboard as well as the “Help me write” feature on Gmail. So let’s take a closer look at how to use the Google Meet AI-generated background.
Google Meet: AI-Generated Background
This feature is currently in beta and available to a handful of users through Google’s Workspace Labs programme. Google Meet’s AI-generated background will be available to everyone in the coming months. The image generation is quite similar to other models like Stable Diffusion, DALL-E, MidJourney, PPlayground AI, and other similar services that can generate images for you. Google includes several mood settings and objects to appear in the AI images.
How to Use Google Meet’s AI-Generated Backgrounds
- Launch Google Meet from the video meeting call.
- In the preview window for your webcam, you will find an effect icon on the bottom-left of the preview window.
- Click on it, and it will take you to Get Ready.
- Within the effect, on the right, you have a text box to write your prompt or input.
- After writing the prompt, click on Generate, and from the image generated, click on the background that you want to apply.
- Choose, and then go back.
- Join the meeting and have fun.
This is currently in beta, and to use it, you need to enrol in Google’s Workspace Labs Testing Programme. To do so, head over to the Google Support Page and sign up for the beta programme using your email. Google is directly competing against Microsoft’s latest Copilot, which costs $30 per month, with its Google AI Work Tools Duet.
Note: Your prompt will be reviewed by a human, and your Workspace Labs data will be processed accordingly.
This is another useful feature that Google has introduced to make Google Meet a popular choice for the masses. Also, it is still in beta, which means there could be some biases or uncomfortable images it generates. Thank you for being with us. Please share your thoughts in the comment section below. Stay tuned for further updates in the future on the same.
- What does private browsing actually do and is browsing really private?by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Google Store 25th birthday Wallpaper.by Love Adhikari
- Red Dead Redemption 3 Release Date and Exciting New Features Revealed!by Akhil Sharma
- Download Tiny11 based on Windows 11 23H2.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Google Camera for Sharp AQUOS R8s and R8s Pro | GCam APK Portby Sandeep Gautam