How to Use Conformer-2: Transcribe Videos to Text for Free
So far, we have used most text-generated AI, such as OpenAI’s ChatGPT, Google Bard, Meta’s LLaMa, Microsoft Bing AI, Clause 2 AI, and others. Let’s talk about Conformer AI today, which can convert audio to text, such as converting a YouTube video to text. This upgraded version, Conformer-2, is now quite accurate and faster. It can do a lot of speech-to-text, but some functionalities that are quite useful for users have been added. Conformer-2 has been trained on 1.1 million hours of English audio data. Although it may be an issue for some people that they can understand English very well, support for other languages may be available in the future.
Conformer 2 – Speech recognition transcribes videos to text for free
This is a fairly new AI, and due to its low speech recognition, only a limited number of people are currently using it. However, it is actually a very good AI tool that you can use. Assembly AI, the developer of Conformer 2, has achieved a total improvement of 31.7% in understanding alphanumerics, a 6.8% decrease in noun error rate, 43% fewer errors overall, and a 12.0% improvement in noise detection.
As I mentioned earlier, a total of 1.1 million hours of English audio data were used in this, and if we compare it to the last AI model, there is a 53.7% improvement in processing data. This means that you get better text detection and better transcription models. You can integrate it into your apps or websites using the Assembly API with the same features by referring to its documentation for better understanding. In the API, you get a lot of parameters and options for refining it, which gives you a dedicated preference.
How to Use Conformer-2: A Free Tool for Transcribing Text
It’s not so difficult—quite easy, actually. Let’s see how you can use Assembly AI’s Conformer-2. It’s free; you can use YouTube links or original media files for transcription. So, let’s get started!
- First, go to the Assembly AI Playground. Don’t worry; you don’t need to create an ID or login. But for historical purposes, creating an account and using it to log in is recommended.
- Next, if you have a media file, upload it in the “Upload Your File” section by dragging and dropping or browsing through the file explorer. The first option is to paste the YouTube video link in the “YouTube Video Link” section.
- After selecting your link or audio file, simply click “Next“.
- It will transcribe the audio by default, but other options are available, such as summarization, topic detection, auto-chapter, sentiment analysis, dual-channel, or anything else you wish to do.
- That’s it! After selecting your options, click Next,” and it will take some time to process. You will receive a URL to keep track of the progress.
- After processing, you will find the transcription in the transaction panel, and any options you choose, such as summarization or topic detection, will be in the right sidebar.
- At the bottom, you’ll find the original audio file, which will be highlighted with your transcription. And in the upper-right sidebar, you can use emojis to provide feedback.
Use this to convert your audio files into a simple text document. Students, pay attention! If you have any lectures in audio format or watching a YouTube video, summarise them using bullet points and other tools to increase your productivity. This is also helpful for creators who write captions, which they can use in shorts and other videos.
This technology, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), can transcribe your audio files and predict language models to create better text transcriptions. While companies like OpenAI have models like Whipser, they are not accessible to the public. However, you can integrate them into your apps and websites via API. Recently, the ChatGPT app used the Whisper Model for speech recognition. Let’s see if OpenAI releases a similar model to ChatGPT, accessible in the OpenAI Playground.
- OneUI 6 Beta is rolling out to the Galaxy S22, and a hotfix is available for the Galaxy S23 Series.by Mehak
- Download and install iOS 17 on your eligible iPhone and iPad.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Genshin Impact 4.2 Beta – Application Date, Deadline, and How to Apply.by Love Adhikari
- iPhone 15 over iPhone 15 Pro Series is the best model to buy this year: Buyer’s Guide.by Mehak
- What does private browsing actually do and is browsing really private?by Romeshwar Prasad