In this comprehensive guide, we will explore various workarounds to address the frustrating issue of Chrome Beta and other apps continuously crashing on different Pixel devices. It has become quite customary to encounter the terms ‘Pixel’ and ‘crash’ together. While problems related to battery and overheating persist, the annoyance of app crashing issues remains an ongoing concern for device owners.
This time around, the primary culprits appear to be Chrome Beta and a few unrelated apps, causing crashes on numerous Pixel devices. Interestingly, this time, Android System Webview is not at fault! So, what exactly is causing these crashes? Apart from Chrome Beta itself, the blame might also fall on Google Play Service or the Carrier Service. In this guide, we will address each of these Google apps individually and provide effective solutions to rectify the issue.
FIX 1: Reinstall Chrome Beta
To resolve app crashes, particularly with Chrome Beta, consider following these straightforward steps:
Firstly, navigate to Settings > Apps > See All Apps > Chrome Beta. Then, tap on Uninstall and confirm the uninstallation. After that, proceed to download and install Chrome Beta from the Play Store. Finally, check if this resolves the crashing issues with Chrome Beta and other apps on your Pixel device.
FIX 2: Uninstall Updates Play Service
For some users, the app crashing issue began after updating Play Service. Try the following steps to resolve it:
Start by accessing Settings > Apps > See All Apps > Play Service. Next, tap on Uninstall Updates and confirm the action. Now, check if this resolves the crashing issues with Chrome Beta and other apps on your Pixel device.
FIX 3: Update Carrier Services
Updating the Carrier Service to the latest version has reportedly resolved the issue for many users. If the latest version is unavailable on the Play Store, follow these steps:
Download the latest version of Carrier Service from APK Mirror. Proceed to launch the APK and follow the on-screen instructions to install it. After the update, your apps should no longer crash on your device.
These are three different methods that can help you rectify the issue of Chrome Beta and other apps crashing on various Pixel devices. As of now, the developers have not officially acknowledged this issue or provided an ETA for a fix. We will keep this guide updated with any new information. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best options.
Dealing with app crashes on your Pixel device can be quite exasperating, especially when it involves widely used apps like Chrome Beta. We sincerely hope that one of the mentioned workarounds has helped you resolve the issue and improved your device’s performance. Stay tuned for any official updates from Google regarding this matter. Meanwhile, make the most of these solutions to keep your Pixel running smoothly.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
- Are these methods applicable to other Android devices as well?
- Indeed, while these methods are primarily targeted at resolving app crashing issues on Pixel devices, they might work on other Android devices too, though outcomes may vary.
- Will updating the Carrier Service cause any adverse effects on my device?
- Rest assured, updating the Carrier Service should not have any adverse effects on your device. It is a routine process that improves app compatibility and performance.
- What should I do if none of the methods work?
- If none of the methods mentioned here work, you can try clearing the cache and data of the crashing apps or perform a factory reset as a last resort. However, remember to back up your data before opting for a factory reset.
- Can I roll back the update of Play Service to resolve the crashing issue?
- Absolutely, uninstalling updates to Play Service might help resolve the issue if it started happening after an update. Note that Play Service will update automatically in the future.
- Is there any official statement from Google on this issue?
- As of now, there is no official statement from Google regarding this specific issue. We will update this guide as soon as there is any official information from the developers.
- OneUI 6 Beta is rolling out to the Galaxy S22, and a hotfix is available for the Galaxy S23 Series.by Mehak
- Download and install iOS 17 on your eligible iPhone and iPad.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Genshin Impact 4.2 Beta – Application Date, Deadline, and How to Apply.by Love Adhikari
- iPhone 15 over iPhone 15 Pro Series is the best model to buy this year: Buyer’s Guide.by Mehak
- What does private browsing actually do and is browsing really private?by Romeshwar Prasad