In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the vexing issue faced by many iPhone users – VIP Emails not working on iOS 17. The VIP feature in the Apple Mail app, designed to streamline the management of essential messages from specific contacts, has become a source of frustration for some due to iOS 17’s introduction. In this article, we present two proven methods to resolve this issue and restore the functionality of your VIP Emails.
The Problem: iPhone VIP Emails not working on iOS 17
A significant number of users have reported encountering issues with their VIP Emails on iPhones running iOS 17. The problem arises when they add a new contact to their VIP list, leading to all their inbox mail appearing in the VIP folder. Conversely, when they remove a contact from the VIP list, the entire VIP folder goes empty. If you’re facing a similar dilemma, don’t fret – we have effective solutions to get your VIP feature back on track.
Fix 1: Re-Add Gmail Account
Many users have successfully resolved the VIP Emails issue by removing their Gmail account from the device and then re-adding it. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Delete your Gmail account:
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Gmail.
- Tap “Delete Account.”
- Re-add your Gmail account:
- After deleting it, go back to Settings > Mail > Accounts.
- Select “Add Account” and choose Gmail.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Gmail account.
- Restart your device:
- Once your Gmail account is re-added, restart your iPhone.
This straightforward process should rectify the VIP Emails not working problem. Importantly, you don’t need to remove or re-add your other email accounts such as iCloud, Yahoo, or Outlook.
Fix 2: Sign out and Reset Network
If the first fix doesn’t work for you, this method has proven effective for some users. Follow these steps to sign out of your accounts, reset the network settings, and sign back in:
- Sign out of all your email accounts, including iCloud and purchase accounts.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset iPhone.
- Select “Reset Network Settings.”
- Once the reset is complete, reconnect to your WiFi network.
- Now, sign in only to your iCloud account.
This process should effectively resolve the VIP Emails issue. However, keep in mind that this method may not be suitable for those who have separate iCloud and purchase accounts.
If you’ve been grappling with the problem of VIP Emails not working on iOS 17, the solutions provided in this guide should help you overcome the issue. Try both fixes, and you’ll likely find one that works for you. Should you have any questions or face difficulties while implementing these solutions, feel free to reach out in the comments, and we’ll provide prompt assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I use these methods for other email providers besides Gmail?
- Yes, you can apply these methods to other email providers as well. However, starting with your Gmail account is advisable as it has proven effective for many users.
- Do I need to perform both fixes, or can I choose one?
- You can begin with the first fix (Re-Add Gmail Account). If it doesn’t resolve the issue, you can then attempt the second fix (Sign out and Reset Network). Most users find success with one of these methods.
- Will resetting network settings delete any of my data?
- Resetting network settings will not erase your data. It will only remove your network configurations and sign you out of your accounts, which you can easily sign back into after the reset.
- How do I distinguish VIP Emails from regular ones in iOS 17?
- VIP Emails in iOS 17 are identifiable by a star icon next to the sender’s name. This icon makes them easily distinguishable from other emails in your inbox.
- Is there a way to automatically sync my VIP list across multiple devices?
- As of iOS 17, automatic synchronization of VIP lists across multiple devices is not a built-in feature. You will need to manually add or remove contacts from your VIP list on each device.
- GTA 6 trailer reveals release date and first female character.by Mehak
- Download Magisk v26.3 Stable for Androidby Mehak
- What is Virtual RAM in Smartphoneby Romeshwar Prasad
- Weirdest Concepts Smartphone Design this year (2023).by Love Adhikari
- How to directly open the YouTube link in Brave instead of YouTubeby Akhil Sharma