Call of Duty Black Ops Cold is one of the newest games from the COD Franchise, and it brings an enhanced gaming experience. However, some players have reported the game showing an error code 887a005 while playing multiplayer mode.
According to reports, this might be a glitch or error with this error code 887a005 players kicked out of the game while playing in multiplayer mode. So today, we are going to share how you can fix the Black Ops Cold War Error Code 887a005. Follow the following instructions step by step mentioned down below.
How you can fix Black Ops Cold War Error Code 887a005
This is quite common that COD Black Ops Cold showed an error so far, but Activision didn’t acknowledge yet not shared any update timeline to fix. Moreover, we can fix the error using these troubleshooting guides. Before continue, you should investigate and then follow the guide to resolve the error accordingly. So without further ado, let’s check this out.
Update your Graphics Driver
Driver players an important role to execute the game and collaborate in between your hardware and software. So if you found your GPU driver outraged, then we recommend you download and install the update. You can either update your manufacture’s support page or use a third-party software updater such as Driver Booster to scan and download the latest driver for your device.
Fix Windows Update
Sometimes, windows get outdated, so it is also important that you have installed the latest version of COD Update. For this, here is the following instruction.
- Open Windows Settings
- Shortcut: Windows + I
- Now, Click on Windows Settings app
- Select Update & Security
- Click on Check for Update, and if it shows any update
- Download and install the update
- That’s it.
Check the integrity of the file.
Suppose the method mentioned earlier doesn’t work when you can keep scan and repair game files to fix the error code 887a05. Here is the described guide mentioned down below.
- Open the Blizzard Battle.net
- Head over to the Call of Duty: BOCW
- Appear on the left panel of the display.
- Right-click on the option placed on the top of the display
- Select the Scan and Repair from the drop-down option
- After this, please wait for some time until it completes the scan.
- That’s it. If it finds any missing file, a corrupted file will replace that file with a fresh file.
You can try disabling the HAGs on your GeForce 10 series or later even on Radeon 5600 or 5700 series. It is a Microsoft Hardware Acceleration GPU that helps to enhance the application performance. But sometimes, due to this, some app, or most likely Call of Duty Cold War, start showing this error code 887a005. Follow the instruction mentioned down below.
- Right-click on the space of your home screen. Then click on the Display Settings
- Navigate to the Graphics Settings from the right-panel
- Select the Default settings from the change graphics option
- Which you will find under the Default Settings
- That’s it
This is one of the great features. This enhanced the gaming experience. Meanwhile, if your PC didn’t meet the configuration, then your PC starts overclocking. Follow the following instruction to disable the ray tracking.
- Launch COD: Cold War
- Head over to settings and then click on Graphics
- Disable the Ray Tracking
- Which were optional
- That’s it; restart your computer to get reflected on your computer.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to resolve the error Code 887a005. If you still faced the issue, you should wait for the upcoming patch note to resolve the error on your PC. For Further query share with us in the comment section down below.
- Register for Valorant Test Server – How to Sign-up
- Register Garena Free Fire OB29 Advance Server – How to Sign-up
- Fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2123-1502 – How to
- Redmi 9A / 9AT (dandelion) official stock ROM, firmware, and updates Flash File – V188.8.131.52.QCDEUXM
- Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) official stock ROM, firmware, and updates Flash File – V184.108.40.206.RGGCNXM
- Mi 11 (venus) official stock ROM, firmware, and updates Flash File – V220.127.116.11.RKBCNXM
- Mi Max 3 China (nitrogen) official stock ROM, firmware, and updates Flash File – V18.104.22.168.QEDCNXM
- Redmi Note 8 Russia (ginkgo) official stock ROM, firmware, and updates Flash File – V22.214.171.124.QCORUXM
- Redmi 9A / 9AT EEA (dandelion) official stock ROM, firmware, and updates Flash File – V126.96.36.199.QCDEUXM
- Redmi K30 Ultra China (cezanne) official stock ROM, firmware, and updates Flash File – V188.8.131.52.RJNCNXM
- Redmi 7A Russia (pine) official stock ROM, firmware, and updates Flash File – V184.108.40.206.QCMRUXM