Fitbit devices are widely popular for tracking our fitness goals and keeping us motivated. However, one common issue that Fitbit users often encounter is having an out-of-sync time displayed on their devices. This problem can occur when your Fitbit remains inactive and unsynchronized with its host device for an extended period. Additionally, changes in your location or adjustments for Daylight Saving Time can also lead to incorrect time display on your Fitbit. In this article, we will guide you through the process of changing the time on your Fitbit device from your Android or iPhone if it is showing an incorrect time.
Method 1: Sync Your Fitbit
If your Fitbit has not been synchronized with its host device for a while, this could be one of the reasons behind the incorrect time display. To rectify this issue, follow these steps to sync your Fitbit with your Android or iPhone:
- Open the Fitbit app on your phone.
- Tap on the profile icon located in the top-left corner of the screen and select your Fitbit device from the subsequent screen.
- Tap on “Sync Now” to initiate the syncing process between your device and Fitbit. Allow the process to complete.
By syncing your Fitbit, you ensure that the time displayed on your device is updated based on the current time on your host device.
Method 2: Manual Time Adjustment on Fitbit
If the incorrect time persists on your Fitbit even after syncing, also you will need to manually adjust the time on your device. Here’s how you can do it on your Android or iOS device:
Adjusting Fitbit’s Time on Android:
Changing the time on your Fitbit device, whether it’s a smartwatch or a tracker, is a straightforward process. Also, you will need the Fitbit app and your Fitbit device linked to your phone. Follow these steps to modify the time on your Fitbit:
- Launch the Fitbit app on your Android phone.
- Tap the profile icon located in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select “App Settings” under SETTINGS.
- On the subsequent screen, enable the “Automatic time zone” option (if it’s disabled) to set your Fitbit’s time according to the network-provided time.
- Alternatively, if you prefer to set the time manually, leave the “Automatic time zone” option disabled, tap on “Select time zone,” and choose the appropriate time zone for your current location.
Adjusting Fitbit’s Time on iPhone:
Similar to the procedure on Android, changing the time on your Fitbit using an iPhone is also a straightforward process. Ensure that your Fitbit is connected to your iPhone, and then follow these steps:
- Open the Fitbit app on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile icon located in the top-left corner.
- Select “App Settings” under SETTINGS.
- Choose “Time Zone,” and on the following screen, enable the “Set Automatically” button (if it’s not already enabled) to set the time automatically based on your iPhone’s current time zone.
- Alternatively, if you wish to set the time manually, keep the “Set Automatically” toggle turned off, tap on “Time Zone,” and select the appropriate time zone for your current location.
Adjusting Fitbit’s Time on the Web:
If you don’t have your linked device nearby or prefer to adjust the Fitbit’s time using your computer, Fitbit provides the option to change the time on your device through its web dashboard. Follow these steps:
- Open your preferred browser and navigate to the Fitbit website.
- Log in to your Fitbit account.
- Click the gear icon located in the top-right corner of the screen and select “Settings.”
- From the left sidebar, choose “Personal Info” and scroll down to find “TIMEZONE” on the right panel.
- Click the downward-pointing arrow next to the current time zone, click the arrow again, and select the appropriate time zone for your location.
- Click “Submit” to save the changes.
- Return to your linked device and sync your Fitbit. It should now display the time according to the time zone you have recently selected.
Q1: Why is the time on my Fitbit incorrect?
The time on your Fitbit may be incorrect due to prolonged inactivity and lack of synchronization with the host device. Changes in location or Daylight Saving Time can also cause time discrepancies.
Q2: How can I sync my Fitbit with my Android or iPhone?
To sync your Fitbit, open the Fitbit app on your phone, tap on the profile icon, select your Fitbit device, and tap on “Sync Now” to initiate the syncing process.
Q3: Can I manually adjust the time on my Fitbit?
Yes, if the incorrect time persists, you can manually adjust the time on your Fitbit using the Fitbit app on your Android or iPhone device.
Q4: Is it possible to adjust the Fitbit’s time through the web?
Yes, Fitbit provides the option to change the time on your device through its web dashboard. Simply log in to your Fitbit account, access the settings, and adjust the time zone.
Q5: Will changing the time on my Fitbit affect my fitness tracking data?
Changing the time on your Fitbit does not affect your fitness tracking data. It only ensures that the displayed time on your device is accurate and synchronized with the correct time zone.
- What does private browsing actually do and is browsing really private?by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Google Store 25th birthday Wallpaper.by Love Adhikari
- Red Dead Redemption 3 Release Date and Exciting New Features Revealed!by Akhil Sharma
- Download Tiny11 based on Windows 11 23H2.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Google Camera for Sharp AQUOS R8s and R8s Pro | GCam APK Portby Sandeep Gautam