Android 13 QPR3 is rolling out with a June 2023 feature drop and security patches. An update is available for Google Pixel phones.
Google will release the June 2023 Pixel Feature Drop, which supports Pixel devices with Android 13 QPR3. This update includes bug fixes, improvements, and Google Home’s New Home Panel. This can be accessed through the Device Controls interface in Android 13 on Pixel Phones. It is also expected to be available soon for Android 14.
The next Pixel feature drop with Android 13 QPR3 and the June security patch will include the Pixel 4a and Pixel 7a. This update is a major update compared to the previous quarterly update. It brings the latest platform optimisations, bug fixes, and the June security patch, which Google publishes every three months.
What’s New in the June 2023 Pixel Feature Drop?
Android 13 QPR3 has a few newish things to check out:
- Quick Settings: The battery percentage is back in the top right corner, and wallpaper settings have the fullscreen preview.
- Safety Check: Google Assistant can help you share emergency information or schedule a safety check if you’re in an emergency. If you don’t respond to the safety check, your emergency contact will be notified, and your location will be shared in real-time.
- Voice commands: You can also start emergency sharing or schedule a safety check using your voice. Just say, “Hey, Google, start sharing in case of an emergency”, or “Hey Google, schedule a safety check.”
- Emergency Info: Store your medical information and emergency contacts, which can be accessed even when your phone is locked, to help first responders.
- Improved car crash detection: If your phone detects a car crash, it will share your real-time location with your emergency contact and services.
- Macro Focus for Video: The Google Pixel 7 Pro has an upgraded ultra-wide-angle lens feature for close-up video. However, it’s exclusive to this phone.
- Gesture-based timer photos: Google Pixel 6 or newer devices allow self-timer photos. Then you can see the countdown on a distant surface before taking the photo.
- Dynamic 3D and New Emoji Wallpaper: Google Pixel 6 or newer phones transform regular photos into dynamic 3D scenes using AI. You can also create a customised live wallpaper with over 4000 emojis in different patterns and colours.
- To access the upgraded Emoji Wallpaper:
- Open the Wallpaper & Style app.
- Tap on the Emoji option.
- Select up to 14 emojis to display.
- Choose a style, background, and emoji colour.
- Tap on Set Wallpaper.
- To access the upgraded Emoji Wallpaper:
- Recorder Improvements: Users with a Google Pixel 6 or newer device can export their Recorder transcript into Docs, generate speaker-labelled video clips, and search for speakers within the recording.
- Google Home Improvements: The Pixel Lock Screen now has a Smart Home controller for easier access to features like adjusting the temperature, checking cameras, and turning lights on and off. To enable this feature, open the Device Settings app, and navigate to the Lock Screen, then Home Panel. Select the apps and services you want to appear in the Home Panel.
- Haptic Improvements: Users with a Google Pixel 6a or Pixel 7a can now adjust their haptic vibration intensity. Additionally, the device lowers the phone’s haptics when it detects a rough, flat surface.
- Adaptive charging: To extend your phone’s battery life, Google uses AI.
- New Google Assistant Voice: Two updated voice options are available, bringing the total to 12 US English voices.
- Google Camera 8.9: An update is available from the Google Play Store for all supported devices with camera updates that include Macro Focus video, Palm Timer, and more.
Furthermore, the Settings app now includes an “Enhanced PIN Privacy” option on the Security & Privacy and Screen Lock pages. This option turns off animations when you enter a code on the lock screen.
New Features of Google Pixel Watch June 2022
Google Pixel Watch and Fitbit devices have exciting new features:
- SpO2 Monitoring: Users can finally track their oxygen saturation (SpO2) at night, identifying changes in oxygen levels during sleep.
- Media Support: Three new tiles have been added for listening to Spotify DJ Sessions and podcasts and checking out what’s in heavy rotation.
- Heart-Rate Notifications: Besides tracking heart rate, the Pixel Watch now notifies users of high and low heart rates, helping them look out for potential issues.
- Google Assistant in More Languages: WearOS is now available in new languages and locales, including Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Polish, and Spanish.
- Auto-Pause Exercises: The Pixel Watch automatically pauses tracking during runs, walks, or bike rides and resumes tracking once you start again.
- Metal Link Bands: The stylish stainless steel metal link bands have a classic, traditional look and are available in brushed silver and matte black. They are adjustable, and users can find the most suitable fit. However, these bands are expensive, costing $199, and will be available starting June 16.
New Features for Fitbit Trackers and Smartwatches
Fitbit’s latest feature announcement brings updates to its wearable devices.
- More Exercise Modes: Find a full list of exercise modes on your Fitbit Charge 5, Inspire 3, or Luxe tracker, with the latest workout modes at the top.
- Daily Readiness: Check your Daily Readiness Score on your device.
- Menstrual Health Tile: An easier way to log your period, check cycle state, and edit information. This feature comes with Fitbit Sense 2 and Versa 3 without opening your phone.
- More Supported Languages: Fitbit Sense 2, Versa 4, Charge 5, Inspire 3, and Luxe now support new languages, including Arabic, Hindi, Vietnamese, and more.
- Switch Clock Style on Device: Change your clock face by long-pressing on your home screen on your Fitbit Sense 2 or Versa 4.
- New Clock Faces: Four updated clock faces in the Fitbit app gallery are now available for the Charge 5, Inspire 3, and Luxe.
The Fitbit Charge 5 has 20 goal-based exercise modes, tracks sleep stages, and has programmable alarms. It also offers Active Zone Minutes, a Cardio Fitness Score, a Daily Readiness Score, and Automatic Exercise Mode. Users can receive calls, texts, and app notifications on the Fitbit Inspire 3, Luxe, and Charge 5.
The Fitbit Luxe monitors steps, sleep, stress levels, heart rate, respiration, and workouts and also features a blood oxygen saturation sensor. The Fitbit Inspire 3 offers over 20 workouts, including running, biking, swimming, and treadmills.
Android 13 QPR3 Download
Android 13 has 23 security issues. The June patch has 34 security issues, and the Google Devices list has 108 security fixes. Users can get the QPR3 to build, but your device will be wiped if you opt out. Once you opt-out, you will receive the public June OTA update when it becomes available.
|Device||Build||Download Factory||Download OTA|
|Google Pixel 7a||TQ3A.230605.012||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 7 Pro||TQ3A.230605.012||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 7||TQ3A.230605.012||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 6a||TQ3A.230605.010||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 6 Pro||TQ3A.230605.010||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 6||TQ3A.230605.010||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 5a||TQ3A.230605.011||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 5||TQ3A.230605.011||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 4a 5G||TQ3A.230605.011||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 4a||TQ3A.230605.011||Download||Download|
The update is released in waves, so it may only appear on your phone after a while. You can download it manually by navigating to your device settings > System > System Update. If that doesn’t work, you can download the OTA files from Google’s developer site and sideload them manually.
This is one of the biggest releases before Android 14 later this year. Android 14 Betas have been released over the last three months under the usual complicated name of “Android 13 Quarterly Platform Release 3,” or Android 13 QPR3. This update will be available on all Pixel phones running Android 13.
- OneUI 6 Beta is rolling out to the Galaxy S22, and a hotfix is available for the Galaxy S23 Series.by Mehak
- Download and install iOS 17 on your eligible iPhone and iPad.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Genshin Impact 4.2 Beta – Application Date, Deadline, and How to Apply.by Love Adhikari
- iPhone 15 over iPhone 15 Pro Series is the best model to buy this year: Buyer’s Guide.by Mehak
- What does private browsing actually do and is browsing really private?by Romeshwar Prasad