Adobe has started testing its AI-powered image generation tool, which can perform many tasks, including removing and generating something from an image. These are useful. You can use it to remove a background, watermark, text, or anything else that can be easily removed. Adobe trained their Firefly model on Adobe Stock and not online data, and licence conditions still need to be cleared. AI is there to assist, not to replace you.
Whenever new technology and things come along, you need to learn manual techniques because they are essential. This is because AI is there to assist, not to do everything. Humans can do many tasks, but it takes much time, and sometimes it is impossible to do such tasks. These things can be quickly done by AI, which is integrated with Adobe.
For this, it uses its model called FireFly. These features are in beta and will need some time before the company starts rolling them out to the public. If you do not see it here, learn how to get Generative AI in Photoshop.
How to Get Generative AI in Adobe Photoshop
It would be best if you had a Creative Cloud subscription to use it, and it is not accurate as of now, but it is enough to get started.
- Open the Creative Cloud application, then head to beta from the left sidebar.
- After that, you need to install Photoshop Beta on your device.
- Depending on your internet connectivity, it may take some time. Once it finishes, you can launch and start using the Generative AI in Photoshop.
How to use Generative AI in Adobe Photoshop
Before proceeding, you should update to the latest version of Adobe Photoshop, which is currently in beta.
- Start by selecting the areas.
- Then, there will be a prompt box called Contextual Taskbar, which has Generative Fill, or you can also use it from Edit > Generative Fill.
- After that, enter the prompt or input. Interestingly, if you do not enter the prompt, click on Generate.
- That is it! It will start processing everything online, and its understanding of how editors work will generate an image for you.
- There will be three different variations to choose from, and you can keep generating by clicking on Generate until you are satisfied. Everything seems perfect, but it does raise concerns like Composting, Extending, and other things. If you do not have Creative Cloud, you can use it on Adobe Firefly Beta, and from there, use the Generative Fill.
Fix: Adobe Photoshop Generative Fill “Images Removed” Error
While creating an image with Generative Fill, you may encounter the error message “The generated images were removed because they violated user guidelines.” Fortunately, it is easy to fix with the following instructions:
- If this happens after selecting the area and then generating the image, all you have to do is:
- Select the area and go to the Contextual Taskbar, where you have a text box for the prompt or input. You don’t have to write anything there; just put “.” and it will generate the image for you, all three images.
You may also encounter a similar issue with extended images. Type “.” in the prompt text box and generate the image to fix it. Sometimes it generates only a few images out of three, but you can fix it immediately with this method.
You do need to know colour-matching techniques because you need to match the colour and lighting that belong to the image. There are many things to replace in AI-generated images, and then you must remove or add shadows accordingly. Finally, after doing much editing with the assistance of AI for things like removing objects, adding, or extending, this is an advanced model, and it is incredible to see such advancements available to general consumers.
This will take creativity to a whole new level. However, there are many limitations as it is still in the early stages of development. Do note that the newly generated images will have a different high quality than the primary image that you have been using. The resolution could be compromised while creating new images with the generative AI, as it can only generate 1024 pixels.
Creating new images especially faces and hands, potentially makes it worse. This feature could be a game-changer, and it is a significant upgrade to Photoshop that will change everything. Do not focus on details, quality, or things that are hit or miss. Do not expect extraordinary results at this moment. As long as you stay ahead and develop skills, no one can replace you. Stay true to your roots and develop skills professionally to create extraordinary work. Use AI for assistance, but only rely on it for some things.
- Windows 11 23H2 brings native RGB controls, AI Copilot, and more to the Release Preview Channel.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) Firmware Build S918BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) Firmware Build S916BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B) Firmware Build S911BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Be aware of iPhone market frauds and scams by authorized resellers in India, such as Croma and Unicorn Store.by Mehak