How to Enable High-Quality Photo and Video Uploads on Instagram for Android and iOS
Uploading high-quality images to Instagram has always been a concern for many users. This is due to the fact that Instagram’s compression algorithm works in such a way that it makes any high-quality camera photo blurry when uploaded. However, Instagram compresses its posts in order to meet network capabilities and offer a lag-free experience. But sometimes, that compression goes up to a level where posts become blurry.
For that reason, it is often recommended to use Instagram with consistent and fast internet connectivity. According to Instagram’s help page, there are specific requirements for uploading photos, videos, or reels. However, many Instagram users still need help with uploading high-quality images. Fortunately, Instagram has the option to upload high-quality posts. So, let’s see how to upload high-quality content to Instagram.
How to Upload High-Quality Images to Instagram
We all know how large Instagram’s user base is, and no doubt you have seen some creators uploading high-quality images to the platform. There is no hard-and-fast rule for this, as they are also normal Instagram users. However, from past records, Instagram has never caused any issues for users except for some technical ones. Instagram uploads of high quality, however, are largely determined by two factors:
- The image and video requirements
- Internet connectivity
I am sure you have followed these things and still have the issue of low-quality uploads. But you’ll be glad to know that Instagram for both Android and iOS apps has an option for uploading high-quality content to Instagram. However, it results in high data usage if your phone’s processor needs to be increased. Follow the steps below to enable that option if you are ready to accept these changes.
- Open Instagram and go to your profile in the bottom navigation.
- Then tap on the three horizontal lines that appear in the upper-right corner.
- After that, scroll down to find “Data Usage and Media Quality” under “Your App and Media.”
- Turn on the toggle next to “Upload at highest quality.”
- That’s it!
Being an app setting, you can use these steps on both Android and iOS. Using the “upload high quality” option will result in increased data usage. So, make sure to upload over Wi-Fi rather than cellular data; otherwise, your daily data limit will quickly run out. Frankly speaking, if you don’t notice any difference in upload quality, you should disable that toggle by default, as it unnecessarily consumes more data. So, you know everything you need to know about uploading high-quality images to Instagram. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I enable high-quality uploads on Instagram?
Ans. You can do that from Instagram’s Data Usage Settings.
Q2. Why don’t I have high-quality uploads on Instagram?
Ans. You may be uploading the wrong image format or have a poor internet connection.
Q3. How can I post on Instagram without losing quality?
Ans. You can upload it by using the required format content for developers and enabling upload at the highest quality option.
Q4. Can you upload 4K to Instagram?
Ans. Instagram does not support 4K videos for upload.
- OneUI 6 Beta is rolling out to the Galaxy S22, and a hotfix is available for the Galaxy S23 Series.by Mehak
- Download and install iOS 17 on your eligible iPhone and iPad.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Genshin Impact 4.2 Beta – Application Date, Deadline, and How to Apply.by Love Adhikari
- iPhone 15 over iPhone 15 Pro Series is the best model to buy this year: Buyer’s Guide.by Mehak
- What does private browsing actually do and is browsing really private?by Romeshwar Prasad